Arts Development Project Support (ADPS)

Grants to Manitoba Nonprofits for Arts Workshops,
Performances, Exhibitions, and Showcases

GrantWatch ID#: 175577
Agency Type:


Manitoba Department of Sport, Culture and Heritage


Request a Grant Writer

Grants of up to $5,000 to Manitoba nonprofit community-based organizations to provide residents with opportunities in the arts. Applicants are encouraged to contact program staff prior to applying. Eligible initiatives may include exhibitions, performances, concerts, showcases, readings, juried art shows, classes, workshops, and adjudications.

ADPS provides funding support to encourage projects which offer Manitobans opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in the arts, or to experience the work of Manitoba artists and artworks. Program objectives include the following:

-Ensure access to professional arts instruction and appropriate curricula in introductory programs to advanced levels.
-Increase community access to Manitoba professional artists and their work.
-Provide arts education and skills development across Manitoba particularly to under-served communities.
-Enable community organizations to deliver arts programming that responds to needs of the community and does not duplicate existing programs or services.

Eligible project costs for concerts, performances, readings, lectures classes, workshops and adjudications are:

-Artist fees
-Qualified instructor / adjudicator fees
-Instructional material
-Facility costs
-SOCAN fees
-Long-distance/fax charges
-Equipment rental
-Technical costs
-Artist, instructor, or adjudicator meals, accommodations, and in-province travel

Eligible project costs for exhibitions are:

-Exhibition touring fees
-Facility costs
-Long-distance/fax charges
-Exhibition insurance

-Winnipeg: Up to $1,500
-Southern Manitoba: Up to $2,000
-Thompson, Flin Flon, The Pas: Up to $2,500
-Road Accessible Remote Communities: Up to $2,500
-Air Accessible Remote Communities: Up to $5,000

Projects may occur between January 1 and March 31.

This program is open to Manitoba nonprofit, community-based organizations.

Professional arts organizations and organizations receiving provincial operating funds are ineligible.

Applicant organizations must have been in existence for a minimum of one year with verifiable financial records, including an annual financial statement.

Projects must be based in Manitoba and be open and accessible to the general public.

In order to be eligible for funding, workshops must offer a minimum of three hours of instruction per student; classes must offer a minimum of 10 hours of instruction per student.

Fundraising events are not eligible to apply to this program nor are projects already receiving the Manitoba Arts Council’s Artists-in-the-Schools Program funding.

Not Funded:
-Capital expenses
-Equipment purchase
-Prize monies
-Student meals or accommodations
-Coordinator’s fees
-Out-of-province travel

Applicants are strongly encouraged to consult with program staff in Winnipeg or with Regional Staff before filling out an application.

There are four intakes per year. Applications must be received by the intake deadline below. If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline is the following business day. Late applications will not be accepted.

Application Deadlines:
-February 1 for projects occurring between April 1 and June 30
-May 1 for projects occurring between July 1 and September 30
-August 1 for projects occurring between October 1 and December 31
-November 1 for projects occurring between January 1 and March 31

“Remote communities”, as designated by Manitoba Aboriginal and Northern Affairs, may apply at any time provided the application is received at least 21 days prior to the event taking place.

Applicants will be notified in writing within six weeks of the application deadline.

Grants may provide up to a maximum of 30% of total eligible costs for projects in Winnipeg, Southern Manitoba, Thompson, Flin Flon, or The Pas; 50% for projects in road accessible “remote communities” in the North; and 80% for projects in air-accessible only “remote communities” in the North.

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

In Winnipeg, please contact:

Stuart Desnomie, Aboriginal Arts Consultant
(204) 945-1048

Arts Branch
6th Floor, 213 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3B 1N3

Outside of Winnipeg, please contact your nearest Manitoba Regional Office:

See the full text of this grant

Canada: Manitoba

Live Chat with a Grant Specialist

Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure provides members with the most up-to-date grants.

We have grants for:


Need help?

Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.

Customer Sales & Support (561) 249-4129