New Brunswick - Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Grants of up to $20,000 to New Brunswick nonprofit organizations, municipalities, provincial cultural organizations, and First Nations for activities in the literary arts. Funding may be requested for large-scale initiatives, activities, and projects that promote awareness and broad-based knowledge of the literary arts in the community.
There are three broad objectives that this Initiative is intended to serve:
- To create an environment where New-Brunswickers are encouraged to integrate books and the joy of reading into their daily lives;
- To improve access to books and foster reading;
- To support the province’s Book Policy.
Eligible activities would include those that:
- Focus primarily on presenting the literary arts through programming that includes mentoring, readings or presentations by a variety of authors, and bookselling activities (i.e. book fairs, literary festivals);
- Feature professional authors whose works are not primarily self-published;
- Have a clear artistic mandate or theme;
- Are readily accessible to the general public;
- Encourage broad-based knowledge and awareness of the literary arts within the community (i.e. awareness campaign).
GrantWatch ID#: 175668
This program provides funding in the form of a grant of up to 50% of the project’s total cost to a maximum of $20,000 per year.
Projects must take place no later than March 31st in the fiscal year in which funding was received.
Eligible Applicants would include (but not limited to):
- Non Profit Organizations
- Provincial Cultural Organizations/Associations
- Municipalities with a cultural policy
- First Nations
Note: The Department is open to considering applications from other organizations if the applicant can demonstrate the project’s strategic value and ability to meet the funding component’s objectives.
Note: Events funded by this Program are ineligible for a second grant for the same literary activity through a different Arts and Cultural Industries Branch Program, with the exception of the New Brunswick/Quebec Cultural Cooperation Program.
Applications and all required support materials must be sent electronically via email no later than April 3rd for projects occurring before October 1st or by October 1st for projects occurring after October 1st.
Applicants will be notified of the results within five weeks following the application deadline.
Results will not be provided over the telephone.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For program information, please contact:
Arts and Cultural Industries Branch
Department of Tourism, Heritage, and Culture
P.O. Box 6000
Telephone: (506) 453-2555
Canada: New Brunswick