City of Moncton
07/26/19 Postmarked or Received
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 to Moncton, New Brunswick nonprofit organizations for arts and cultural projects and programs. Funding is available for one-time project support, as well as operations support for qualifying arts organizations. Funding may be used for new initiatives, to enhance an existing initiative, or to maintain existing levels of services or programming.
Funding categories are outlined as follows:
1) Projects: One-time funding provided to a successful Applicant to support the creation and presentation of cultural and artistic projects of merit which strengthen the Moncton community; to foster a dynamic cultural and artistic life and support the development of artists and their work in Moncton; to encourage new arts and culture initiatives; to provide cultural and artistic experiences for audiences; and to enhance the civic identity, quality of life, economic prosperity and reputation of the City of Moncton.
2) Operations: One-time funding provided to a successful Applicant to support the stability, flexibility and leveraging capacity for diverse funding opportunities for arts organizations fulfilling a significant role in the Moncton community. Operating Grants will support core expenses, salaries and programming costs for organizations including festivals as well as organizations that present programming year round.
- Performances (theater, music, dance, poetry/literature)
- Workshops or seminars on the subject of arts, culture or heritage
- Demonstrations of the creative arts, culture or heritage
- Educational programs or activities in the creative arts, culture or heritage
- Studies, plans, or strategies related to arts, culture, or heritage
- Projects that enhance the public’s understanding and appreciation of local artists and artisans
- Projects that expose local audiences to national and international artists and artisans of exceptional merit
- Site-specific or street art projects that engage a geographic community or distinct group of people (e.g. youth, children, seniors, race/ethnicity) in the construction of an art installation (examples include a graffiti wall, landscape sculpture, large-scale assemblage or collage, or a mass performance)
- Educational materials such as books, booklets, posters, CDs, videos, films, interpretation panels, exhibition catalogs, interpretive markers
- Purchase or repair of specialized equipment or infrastructure, as well as for buildings, land, and large equipment
- Accessibility upgrades for persons with special needs (e.g. wheelchair ramp, railings, wheelchair lift).
The City of Moncton will strive to provide Cultural Grants to Applicants whose services provide the greatest benefit to citizens of Moncton. In determining an Applicant’s overall benefit to the
community, applications will be based on excellence, relevance, and feasibility. For information about additional considerations, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 175671
Grants allocated through this program are typically between $1,000 and $2,000. Only under exceptional circumstances will grants over $3,000 be awarded.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
City of Moncton
Canada: New Brunswick