Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Detroit (JLD)
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Wayne County, Michigan nonprofit organizations to improve the lives of local children and promote volunteerism. Programs may address one or more of the following areas of focus related to children: education, health, culture, and recreation.
Previous grant awards have helped Wayne County residents in a wide variety of ways – from securing tools and technology, funding field trips, to helping to implement a local recycling program.
Through collaborative partnerships with community-based organizations, the Junior League of Detroit aims to promote awareness of food insecurity affecting the children living in Wayne and Macomb County. Within food insecurity, the Foundation is interested in programs that provide education, nutrition, and accessibility.
GrantWatch ID#: 175741
$500 - $5,000
The Community Assistance Grants Committee will:
- Only review completed applications with the appropriate supporting documentation (See attached checklist);
- Limit applications to organizations having an office(s) in Wayne County and providing service within Wayne County, or applicants having 75% of their clients residing in Wayne County whose goals are to improve the health and welfare of children;
- Only consider applicant organizations that are exempt from taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or have an umbrella status with an agency that has received such a determination;
- Only consider applicants that provide a detailed explanation for (1) the specific program for which funds are being requested and (2) an itemized budget breakdown for the line item(s) for which JLD funds are being requested;
- Only consider applicants that provide a CPA prepared financial statement for the prior fiscal year, or if one is not available, an organization prepared financial statement for the prior fiscal year; and
- Give preference to new projects or organizations.
The Community Assistance Grants Committee will not:
- Consider requests from individuals;
- Fund organizations more than once every twenty-four months from receipt of funds; and
- Fund general operations, salaries, stipends, and transportation or capital improvements.
Funding is based on a quarterly cycle with the following deadlines: August 1, November 1, March 1 and May 1.
Upon receiving your application, the JLD will send you an email confirming receipt of your application. All completed applications that fall within the funding guidelines will be reviewed by the Community Assistance Grants Committee shortly after the deadline date.
You should hear from the Community Assistance Grants Committee approximately 8 weeks after the submission deadline.
Submissions by regular mail will not be accepted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior League of Detroit
32 Lake Shore Road
Grosse Pointe Farms
USA: Michigan: Wayne County