Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley (CFOV)
Grants of up to $10,000 to West Virginia and Ohio nonprofits, faith-based organizations, and government agencies (such as libraries and schools) in eligible communities for programs and projects that focus on the areas of economic development, children and youth, arts, and health and wellness.
- Economic Development (job creation, job training, employability, addressing barriers to employment)
- Children and Youth in Need (drug awareness and education, parenting skills, pediatric mental health)
- The Arts (education, expanding the arts into all communities)
- Healthy Communities (wellness)
While these focus areas have been identified by the Foundation, they do not prohibit funding to projects that fall outside the areas should they be a great benefit to the community.
GrantWatch ID#: 175846
It is rare for the Community Foundation to make a gift in an amount larger than $10,000; a typical award is somewhere between $1,500 and $5,000.
Applicants must :
- Be a 501(c)(3) as determined by the IRS, faith-based organization, or government entity (i.e. libraries, schools, etc.).
- Provide services within the counties of Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Tyler and Wetzel in West Virginia and Belmont and Jefferson in Ohio.
- Be current on all final reports for grants from the Foundation; if your agency has a program currently being funded by the Foundation and your final report is not yet due, you must submit an interim report letting us know the progress of your program or project when applying for a new grant
The Foundation generally does not make grants to support:
- Annual appeals or fundraising campaigns,
- Organizations outside of the Foundation's service area,
- Endowment campaigns,
- Sectarian religious purposes,
- Loans or loan pay-offs,
- General operating or maintenance grants for established organizations
2017 Timeline: The Pre-Application for our Community Impact program will be accepted from September 11, 2017 through October 27, 2017. After review by the Foundation's distribution committee, select organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal which will be due December 29, 2017. Awards will be announced in January, 2018.
Community Impact Grant Process:
Step 1 – Submit Pre-Application online. (The pre-application will not be available until September 11.)
A preview of the application can be viewed here:
Step 2 – Upon approval and by invitation, you will be asked to submit a full Grant Application
Click here to view the online FAQs:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=cfov
Community Foundation For The Ohio Valley, Inc.
1310 Market Street, Ste. 1
Wheeling, WV 26003
USA: Ohio: Belmont and Jefferson counties; West Virginia: Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Tyler and Wetzel counties