Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
10/02/17 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 to Southeast Connecticut nonprofit organizations and agencies for programs, projects, and services that benefit women, girls, and families in the region. For the purposes of these grants, the Southeast Connecticut region includes the towns of East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington and Waterford.
Priority for funding will be given to proposals for projects that demonstrate the following:
- Empower women and girls to make more positive decisions
- Promote healthy relationships and reduce domestic violence
- Advance family economic security and help women enter/re-enter the workforce
- Help New London women (ages 62 and older) with limited incomes to remain in their homes
Additional preference is given to programs that demonstrate collaboration among service providers.
GrantWatch ID#: 175968
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for amounts between $2,000 and $10,000.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS or organizations using a nonprofit fiscal agent; municipal or governmental agencies; and other charitable organizations that serve women and/or girls in the Southeastern CT region.
Grants may not support individuals, routine operating expenses, capital campaigns, litigation, deficit funding, endowment campaigns, for-profit organizations or religious programming.
Funding will not be considered for projects that are typically supported by public funds.
- The Foundation recommends that all grantseekers speak with Jennifer O’Brien, program director, before beginning a Grant Application (see Contact Information section below).
- Grant Applications are accepted through 5:00 pm, Monday, October 2, 2017.
- Grants will be awarded by early December.
- All grant applications must include a detailed budget for the program for which funds are requested.
- Last year's grants recipients must submit a final or interim Grant Report in order to be eligible for 2017 funding. All Evaluation Reports must be submitted through the on-line system. The link to the Grant Report application may be found on the Foundation's website at www.cfect.org.
- Click here for more application information:
- Additional Eligibility Guidelines:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Please contact Jennifer O'Brien, program director, at 860-442-3572 or 877-442-3572 (toll-free) or JennOB@cfect.org.
USA: Connecticut: Towns of East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington, and Waterford