Foundation / Corporation
Idaho Women's Charitable Foundation (IWCF)
Grants ranging from $20,000 to $30,000 to Southeastern Idaho nonprofits for programs in the areas of health, financial stability, cultural arts, the environment, and education. Priority is given to requests that:
-Are collaborative partnerships between two or more eligible organizations,
-Have innovative and creative approaches to community challenges,
-Include plans for sustainability beyond IWCF funding
-Allow IWCF to contribute a substantial percentage of funding.
IWCF funds projects of nonprofit organizations in the following Idaho counties: Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, and Washington.
IWCF funds in five specific interest areas (applicants must select one):
- Cultural Arts: Visual and performing art (music, dance, 2D and 3D visual, traditional crafts, film, public art, performance, etc.) and humanities for all ages, abilities, and income levels, especially underserved populations
- Education: Targeting all ages and all forms of learning (mentoring, childcare/preschool, instructional or equipment upgrades, pilot projects, early learning, literacy, and enrichment.)
- Environment: Requests addressing regional environmental issues (flora, fauna, land, air, water) such as resource conservation, mitigation, reclamation, parkland improvements, or environmental education
- Financial Stability: Requests addressing poverty, homelessness, housing, self-sufficiency, work/job training, and unique, rarely-offered programs targeting underserved populations including referral services, food/clothing collection/distribution, case management, mentoring programs
- Health: Requests addressing general health care, issues of domestic violence, child abuse/parenting, substance abuse, suicide, disabilities, and wellness or recreation programs
GrantWatch ID#: 176149
Awards range from $20,000 to $30,000.
For the 2017-18 grant year, IWCF is offering one and two-year grant options.
IWCF awards grants in southwestern Idaho to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, educational institutions, and tax-exempt religious entities.
- Undesignated scholarships
- Annual funds and general operating funds (overhead costs associated with specific programs/projects are allowed)
- Undesignated capital campaign contributions
- Funds to be re-granted to individuals or groups selected by the grantee
- Requests designated to influence government officials/lobbying
- Requests that require participation or membership in any faith-based organization
To offer insights into the IWCF granting process, two education sessions will be offered to prospective applicants on Tuesday, October 17 at identical sessions: 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, and 7 pm to 8:30 pm, both at the Library at Bown Crossing.
Deadline for 2017-18 Pooled-Fund Grants: Monday, December 18, 2017, at noon
More information for grant seekers:
Copy of email announcement of 9/1/17: http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1729821/f3419ea7df/592892241/8e01668890/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
RSVP for education sessions:
USA: Idaho: Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley and Washington counties