Foundation / Corporation
Idaho Women's Charitable Foundation (IWCF)
Grants ranging from $20,000 to $30,000 to Southwestern Idaho nonprofits for programs in the areas of health, financial stability, cultural arts, the environment, and education. The purpose of funding is to support programs and services that are well planned and executed to benefit the community.
The Foundation prefers requests that:
- Address critical needs in Southwestern Idaho
- Are innovative and creative approaches to community challenges
- Include plans for sustainability beyond IWCF funding
- Allow IWCF to contribute a substantial percentage of funding
IWCF funds projects of nonprofit organizations in the following Idaho counties: Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, and Washington.
IWCF funds in five specific interest areas (applicants must select one):
- Cultural Arts: Visual and performing art (music, dance, 2D and 3D visual, traditional crafts, film, public art, performance, etc.) and humanities for all ages, abilities, and income levels, especially underserved populations.
- Education: Targeting all ages and all forms of learning (mentoring, childcare/preschool, instructional or equipment upgrades, pilot projects, early learning, literacy, and enrichment.)
- Environment: Requests addressing regional environmental issues (flora, fauna, land, air, water) such as resource conservation, mitigation, reclamation, parkland improvements, or environmental education.
- Financial Stability: Requests addressing poverty, homelessness, housing, self-sufficiency, work/job training, and unique, rarely-offered programs targeting underserved populations including referral services, food/clothing collection/distribution, case management, mentoring programs.
- Health: Requests addressing general health care, issues of domestic violence, child abuse/parenting, substance abuse, suicide, disabilities, and wellness or recreation programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 176149
One grant will be offered in each of the following categories: Cultural Arts, Education, Environment, Financial Stability, and Health.
Awards range from $20,000 to $30,000.
Projects may be funded over one or two years. The Foundation expects IWCF funds to be used during the year that they are received.
IWCF awards grants in Southwestern Idaho to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, educational institutions, and tax-exempt religious entities.
- Undesignated scholarships
- Annual funds and general operating funds (overhead costs associated with specific programs/projects are allowed)
- Undesignated capital campaign contributions
- Funds to be re-granted to individuals or groups selected by the grantee
- Requests designated to influence government officials/lobbying
- Requests that require participation or membership in any faith-based organization
Conferences will take place on September 27, 2018 from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. at the MK Nature Center in Boise and on October 18, 2018 from 12:00-1:30 p.m. at the Library at Bown Crossing.
Register for information sessions here:
Proposals are due by noon on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Only complete applications with all attachments will be considered. Full proposals should be submitted online. The online form will automatically reach us when you press SUBMIT, and you will receive an email acknowledgment.
Organizations selected for site visits will be notified in February 2019. Site visits will be conducted during the month of February 2019. Finalists will be notified in April 2019. The recipients of the 2019 Pooled-fund Grants will be notified by the end of April, and will be invited to attend the IWCF annual meeting in May 2019 to be recognized.
The first installment will be paid in May 2019 and will be written for half of the amount that is requested for the first year. The next installment will be December 2019. The final installment, in the case of a two-year grant, will be made in May 2020.
More information for grant seekers:
Goals and Objectives Form Sample:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Idaho: Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley and Washington counties