Foundation / Corporation
Baxter International Foundation
09/20/18 11:59 PM CST
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for programs that increase access to healthcare for the underserved. Funding is intended to support STEM education and to make a positive and lasting impact on healthcare and the health of residents in communities where Baxter employees live and work.
Baxter International Foundation focuses its funding across three key areas:
- Access to healthcare: Baxter is committed to collaborating with its partners to be first on scene in times of crisis with high-quality product and resource donations; to improving access to healthcare through public and private partnerships; and to recognizing and celebrating health systems providers and public health research that advance clinical practice and expand patient treatment.
- Communities: Baxter is committed to saving and sustaining lives and creating stronger communities. Every day, Baxter strives to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people who depend on its products, and in the communities where Baxter's employees live and work.
- Fostering Innovation: Baxter is dedicated to supporting education that elevates student interest in math and science.
GrantWatch ID#: 176176
The average grant term is 12 months or 24 months.
While it is not possible for every organization to receive funding, organizations that are in alignment with the Foundation’s goals and mission are given careful consideration.
Applying organizations must be a 501(c)(3) (U.S. applicants); be recognized/certified as a non-governmental charitable organization / NGO (non-U.S./International applicants); or have a fiscal agent with such status.
The following activities are not eligible for support from the Foundation and include, but are not limited to:
- Activities that directly influence or advance Baxter’s business
- Galas, golf outings, award dinners or similar fundraisers
- Unrestricted general operating support
- Capital campaigns, including new construction, facility renovations and endowments
- Individual fellowship/tuition support for training purposes of healthcare professionals
- Individuals seeking Baxter support for themselves, patients and/or healthcare professionals to travel, attend training, participate in conferences/symposia or go to school
- Entertainment of any kind; this includes admission to amusement parks, concerts, sporting events, museums, etc.
- General expenses for individuals and/or patients such as insurance co-payments, deductibles, coinsurance, utilities, housing, food or travel
- Lobbying and political contributions
- Fraternal, political or religious organizations or campaigns
- Events and programs that have already taken place or are due to take place prior to The Baxter International Foundation grant cycle
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, religion, age, national origin, veteran’s status or disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status
The 2018 grant cycle is open beginning July 26, and will close at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time on September 20, 2018.
There is a one-year waiting period between grants, from active grant program end date.
Please note during the open grant cycle, Baxter's team is unable to provide critiques or pre-reads of proposals.
Applications and all accompanying materials must be completed in English and must show financial items in USD.
The entire review and decision-making process may take up to eight weeks after the close of the grant cycle. Funds will be disbursed for approved requests following that window, assuming all proper documentation has been received.
Further grant information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility quiz to apply online:
For technical difficulties with the application portal, please contact:
For all other inquiries:
Phone: 1-800-422-9837 (1-224-948-1812)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.