Foundation / Corporation
Baxter International Foundation
05/31/19 11:59 PM Central Daylight Time
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations in eligible areas for programs that increase access to healthcare for the underserved. Funding is also intended to support STEM education and community resilience in communities where the funding source has a business presence.
Priority is given to support programs where Baxter employees live and work. Priority geographies for 2019 are Europe, Latin America, Canada and U.S. locations, such as:
- Opelika, Alabama
- Mountain Home, Arkansas
- Cleveland, Mississippi
- North Cove, North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
During this open grant cycle, The Foundation seeks submissions focused on meeting the needs of underserved communities aligned with the Foundation pillars: Increasing access to healthcare, Fostering tomorrow's innovation (STEM education), and Promoting community resilience in Baxter communities around the world.
Access to Healthcare:
The Foundation seeks proposals that test or scale innovative healthcare solutions designed to improve health service delivery, tackle barriers to access and improve health outcomes in the following priority health focus areas:
- Nutrition and malnutrition
- Clean water and WASH initiatives
- Health innovations in digital and tele-health
- Non-communicable diseases: diabetes prevention
Fostering Tomorrow's Innovation:
The Foundation seeks to nurture the next generation of scientific innovators, who will lead the way in defining tomorrow's healthcare technologies. The Foundation seeks proposal submissions that focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) educational programs targeting underserved communities.
Every day, Baxter strives to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people who depend on its products, and in the communities where Baxter's employees live and work. The Foundation is focused on supporting community programs that impact the underserved in locations where Baxter has a presence.
GrantWatch ID#: 176176
Available Grant Term: 1 year/12 month programs
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be nonprofit organizations that are organized and operated for charitable purposes and either recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt public charity under Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code or have international equivalency status. All organizations with a submitted proposal will undergo a full due diligence process and must be willing to undergo NGO equivalency determination, if needed.
The following activities are not eligible for support from the Foundation and include, but are not limited to:
- Programs that do not align with the Foundation's mission and priorities; activities that directly influence or advance the company’s business
- General operating support;
- The purchase of Baxter products or services;
- Capital and endowment campaigns (includes requests for infrastructure, equipment, vehicles);
- U.S.-based Healthcare organizations/hospitals;
- Individuals and/or general expenses for individuals and patients such as insurance co-payments, deductibles, coinsurance, utilities, housing, food or travel;
- Individuals seeking Baxter support for themselves, patients and healthcare professionals to travel, attend programs, go to school, etc.;
- Medical mission trip support or requests for Baxter product;
- Medical research which is intended to support Baxter products or services;
- Healthcare professional continuing education or scholarships;
- Medical educational grants;
- Conference sponsorship;
- Political parties or candidates or Political Action Committees;
- Activities that may influence the outcome of an election, or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive;
- Lobbying activities (i.e., efforts to influence legislation);
- Fraternal, political or religious organizations;
- Travel grants;
- Events and programs that have already taken place;
- Entertainment and fundraisers, including, but not limited to, galas, walks/parades/runs, rides, tables at fundraising or awards dinners or ticket purchases or admission to amusement parks, sporting events or museums;
- Organizations that, to the Foundation’s knowledge, discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, ethnicity, veteran’s status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by law.
- Proposal Submission deadline: May 31, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time
- Proposal Follow-Up Meetings: Between mid-June thru early August of 2019
- Notification of Funding Decisions: By early September of 2019
- Grant Support Mailed Out: October 2019
The entire review and decision-making process will take no less than 12 weeks after the close of the grant cycle. Funds will be disbursed for approved requests following that window, assuming all proper documentation has been received.
Further grant information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility quiz to apply online:
For technical difficulties with the application portal, please contact:
For all other inquiries:
Worldwide Baxter locations: https://www.cybergrants.com/baxter/docs/2018_baxter_locations.pdf
USA: Alabama: Opelika; Arkansas: Mountain Home; Mississippi: Cleveland; North Carolina: North Cove
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.