Foundation / Corporation
Connecticut Community Foundation (CCF)
Grants averaging between $5,000 and $10,000 to Connecticut nonprofit organizations and municipalities for arts and cultural programming in the Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills community. The purpose of this program is to bring interactive arts to the community at large and to support innovative programs that enable access to the arts for underserved populations.
Priority is given to substantial partnerships that result in shared goals and shared responsibilities between service agencies and creative agencies or artists.
Possible projects and activities:
- Arts training in various media, such as visual arts, theater, music, dance, writing, or writing.
- Programs that create inclusive, welcoming, and supportive conditions for families of various backgrounds and cultures and provide ways of making connections to community life.
- Opportunities to showcase work and collaborate with others beyond the immediate program.
- Programs that contribute to positive youth development
- Meaningful integration of arts and community-building activities
- Incorporation into vocational, entrepreneurship, career and other related areas
- Outreach to underrepresented audiences in order to build participation/attendance.
The Foundation seeks proposals that:
- Align with priority areas listed above
- Address documented community needs
- Summarize the organization’s track record in successfully implementing programs
- Adopt evidence-based programs and models, when appropriate
- Demonstrate potential for drawing additional or sustaining support
- Clearly explain the project plan and provide a realistic budget that aligns with stated goals
- Advance broader community plans and priorities, when applicable
- Describe local presence (even if an agency is based outside the Foundation’s service area, it may have a local office, staff or partnerships)
GrantWatch ID#: 176876
The average amount is between $5,000-$10,000. Grants can be for larger amounts and, for those, it is recommended that the applicant contact staff to discuss the project in advance of application.
Grant support is available over multiple years, although it is considered one year at a time. If interested in pursuing multiyear funding, simply submit an initial request for one year. In the following year, you may request continued funding through the Foundation’s online grant application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information:
Josh Carey, Director of Grants Management,
Phone: 203-753-1315, ext. 108
Connecticut Community Foundation
43 Field Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
The 21-town service area of: Beacon Falls, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Cheshire, Goshen, Litchfield, Middlebury, Morris, Naugatuck, New Milford, Oxford, Prospect, Roxbury, Southbury, Thomaston, Warren, Washington, Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, and/or Woodbury.
USA: Connecticut: Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills