City of La Grange
Grants of up to $10,000 to La Grange, Texas nonprofits, government agencies, and community-based organizations for projects that promote local tourism. Projects may be related to arts, culture, sports, and historic preservation. Funding may be used for the following activities:
1) Convention Centers and Visitor Information Centers: the acquisition of sites for and the construction, improvement, enlarging, equipping, repairing operation and maintenance of convention center facilities or visitor information centers, or both;
2) Registration of Convention Delegates: the furnishing of facilities, personnel, and materials for the registration of convention delegates or registrants;
3) Advertising, Solicitations, and Promotions that directly promote Tourism and the Hotel and Convention Industry: advertising and conducting solicitations and promotional programs to attract tourists and convention delegates or registrants to the municipality or its vicinity;
4) Promotions of the Arts that directly promote Tourism and the Hotel and Convention Industry: that the encouragement, promotion, improvement, and application of the arts, including instrumental and vocal music, dance, drama, folk art, creative writing, architecture, design and allied fields, painting, sculpture photography, graphic and craft arts, motion picture, radio, television, tape and sound recording, and other arts related to the presentation, performance, execution, and exhibition of these major art forms, and
5) Historical Restoration and Preservation Activities that directly promote Tourism and the Hotel and Convention Industry: historical restoration and preservation projects or activities or advertising and conducting solicitation and promotional programs to encourage tourists and convention delegates to visit preserved historic sites or museums
6) Sporting Event Expenses that Substantially Increase Economic Activity at Hotels: Expenses including promotional expenses, directly related to a sporting event in which the majority of participants are tourists. The event must substantially increase economic activity at hotels within the city or its vicinity.
7) Funding transportation systems for transporting tourists from hotels to and near the city to any of the following destinations:
-The commercial center of the city;
-A convention center in the city;
-Other hotels in or near the city; or
-Tourist attractions in or near the city.
8) Signage directing tourists to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the municipality.
GrantWatch ID#: 176938
Up to $10,000
The committee will only accept and review applications from nonprofit, governmental and community-based organizations that meet the funding guidelines.
The Tourism Grant Committee will accept applications for program funding on March 1st, June 1st, September 1st and December 1st of each year.
All requests for funds should be submitted in writing accompanied by the official application.
The applicant may be asked to be present at a meeting to answer any questions regarding the application. Applicants will be notified prior to meeting of time and location.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
City of La Grange
155 E. Colorado St.
La Grange, TX 78945
USA: Texas: City of La Grange