Foundation / Corporation
01/05/18 - for Minor Grants only
Grants to San Diego County, California nonprofit organizations and schools for capital projects or items. Funding areas include health, social services, education, and cultural arts. Public and private schools may apply for proposals that address the critical needs of a specific population attending the school.
The funding source supports a wide range of focus areas and target populations, including children and seniors, the homeless and the disabled, emergency response teams and the military, as well as supporting scientific research, health services, the environment and cultural arts – in a broad geographical range throughout San Diego.
GrantWatch ID#: 177027
Major Grants: over $20,000
Minor Grants: $20,000 and under
Grants must be spent on the requested capital item(s) within 60 days of receipt.
1. Las Patronas will only fund specific, critically needed capital items that have a useful life of at least three years.
2. Las Patronas does not fund individuals, salaries, programs, training, warranties/service contracts, subscriptions, user licenses, items for distribution, bank/investment accounts, endowments, general/reserve funds or operating costs.
3. Las Patronas does not make general contributions to building funds, only to rooms or buildings as part of the finished product. Las Patronas does not fund the acquisition of real estate.
4. Las Patronas will not fund existing obligations, deficits, debts, leases or reimbursements. Las Patronas will not fund additional amounts beyond the current actual bids for estimated inflationary adjustments.
5. All funds must go to the requested capital item. No fees for overhead, asset management, fundraising costs or percentages to development personnel may be deducted from the funds.
6. Funded items must be used in San Diego County and benefit the inhabitants of San Diego County.
7. Any funds granted by Las Patronas must be used for their intended purpose within 60 days of receipt. Proof of purchase is required. Lack of proof may affect the organization’s ability to apply for further Las Patronas grants.
8. The applicant must have Federal (501c3) charitable status for at least three years, State (23701D) tax identification charitable status, andhave been established in San Diego for at least three years.
- Previously funded major and minor beneficiaries must wait three calendar years from the application date of their most recently funded grant to reapply.
- Las Patronas will grant to only one arm of a multi-faceted or multi-programmed organization in any one granting period.
-Regarding schools: Las Patronas will only consider funding public schools, or private schools, which address a critical need among a specific population. To qualify, the school must have nonprofit status as outlined in No. 8 above, or must have an associated foundation or group with that status through which the application is being made. i.e.: PTA, Foundation or Friends.
- Las Patronas does not fund municipalities or government agencies; it can only consider organizations with Federal (501c3) status as outlined in No. 8 above. No other form of tax-exempt status qualifies.
There are two grant cycles each year, Fall and Spring. The Fall grant cycle funds major grants (greater than $20,000) and minor grants (up to $20,000). The Fall deadline is generally in early September. The Spring grant cycle funds only minor grants, and generally has a deadline in early January. Funding for grants will be distributed in December and April.
The deadline for the Fall 2017 cycle was September 1, 2017. Major grant recipients selected in the Fall cycle will receive funds 16 months after the proposal deadline.
The upcoming deadline is January 5, 2018 for Minor grants only. Recipients of Minor grants (less than $20,000) will receive funds for their grant in April.
About the Foundation:
To learn how to merge PDF files for the supplementary documents, see the following instructions:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the proposal online:
For questions, of if a confirmation email is not received after submittal, please contact email@example.com.
Vice President, Grants
858 525 5206
USA: California: San Diego County