Foundation / Corporation
Keta Legacy Foundation (KLF)
Grants of up to $5,000 to Washington and British Columbia nonprofit organizations, schools, libraries, and community organizations for small-scale, short-term environmental education activities related to Salish Sea region ecosystems. Funding is intended to help protect the environments and living organisms of the region.
The Salish Sea region is the intricate network of coastal mountains, land, and waterways that include the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the U.S. state of Washington. Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound.
Projects may include:
- Direct educational programs and materials related to environmental conservation
- Lectures, conferences, seminars
- Written or audiovisual awareness materials
- Curriculum or other instructional materials
When judging proposals, the Mountaineers Foundation looks for evidence of the following:
- Innovation and originality
- Audience/message/probable impact of educational projects
- The applicant’s ability to conduct and complete the work
- Feasibility of the project
- A realistic and reasonable budget
- Commitment from the other agencies you will partner with
- Significance to the environment or the community
GrantWatch ID#: 177045
Up to $5,000
Projects must be related to the Salish Sea region, which includes the southwestern portion of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of Washington.
Canada: British Columbia