Foundation / Corporation
Washington Area Women's Foundation (WAWF) - Rainmakers Giving Circle
12/01/17 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $15,000 to Montgomery County, Maryland and Washington, DC nonprofit organizations for activities that support and empower disadvantaged girls and women up to age 24. Projects should incorporate building self-esteem and developing life skills.
Specifically, the Funding Source awards grants to programs that:
- Encourage the development of healthy behaviors and the prevention of risk factors among economically disadvantaged girls and young women (up to age 24);
- Increase the competence of this target population in such areas as education, health, interpersonal relations, financial management, and employment
- Significantly improve the lives of members of these girls and women.
Rainmakers will consider requests for general operating support made by a nonprofit whose mission is fully consistent with the Rainmakers’ mission (i.e., an organization that exclusively serves economically vulnerable girls and women age 24 or younger living in an eligible jurisdiction). Organizations that do not qualify for a grant exclusively covering general operating support must apply for funding for a specific Eligible Program and such requests may include funding for general operating support up to a maximum of 20 percent of the grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 177110
4 - 5
Individual grants typically range between $10,000 and $15,000.
The grant period will be July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
In order to be eligible for a grant, an applicant must:
- Be a nonprofit organization that is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the federal Internal Revenue Code;
- Provide services to the Targeted Population;
- Have been in operation for at least two years; and
- Not seek funding for a program that proselytizes for a religion or a faith-based organization.
Rainmakers will not consider requests to fund:
- Programs that provide services to boys or young men;
- Scientific or medical research;
- Programs that promote religious doctrine;
- Capital improvements, including construction or renovation projects; and/or
- Debt retirement.
Proposals are due by Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
The Rainmakers Giving Circle will evaluate eligible proposals and select 10 to 12 applicants to receive site visits. Applicants will be notified by March 31, 2018 whether they were selected for site visits.
Funding decisions will be announced in June 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send the proposal and its attachments via email to both email addresses:
Questions may be sentto the first email address above.
Washington Area Women's Foundation
1331 H Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20005
USA: Maryland: Montgomery County; Washington, DC