Foundation / Corporation
Kentucky State Parks Foundation (KSPF), Kentucky Department of Parks, and Kentucky Department of Education
Grants to Kentucky K-12 schools for field trips to eligible historic sites and parks within the State. Funding is intended to encourage children to connect with the State’s natural resources through authentic learning experiences. Funding may be used for field trip program support and transportation.
Grants are only applicable for trips to the Kentucky State Parks and Historic Sites.
Once in the parks, a world of learning begins as young people discover their natural, cultural and historical heritage; participate in volunteer and service-learning activities; enjoy recreational opportunities and most importantly, begin a lifelong relationship with Kentucky State Parks.
Grants are awarded based on the following:
- Educational goals and instruction plan
- Budget – matching funds and/or other available resources for field experience
- Financial or other special need
- Thorough completion of application and communication with KSPF staff
GrantWatch ID#: 177138
Grants are to be used during the '18-'19 school year, including 2019 summer programming.
K-12 Kentucky schools may apply.
- 1st Review: Applications due September 1, 2018; Awards announced mid-September
- 2nd Review: Applications due March 1, 2019; Awards announced mid-March
Budgets should demonstrate matching funds and other available resources.
Funds are provided as reimbursement pending approval of the application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email completed application to:
Kentucky State Parks Foundation
4101 Tates Creek Centre, Suite 150 - PMB 139
Lexington, KY 40517