Foundation / Corporation
Coast Capital Savings
Grants up to $30,000 to British Columbia nonprofit organizations for programs that help vulnerable youth become financially self-sufficient, manage stress, and experience academic success. Expression of Interest forms are due August 24, 2018. Funding is intended for programs that are geared towards youth ages 13 to 29 who live in Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and the South Okanagan.
The fall grant cycle focuses on funding that:
- Helps youth build a sense of belonging to decrease stress and depression
- Helps build a strong financial future for youth
- Helps youth succeed during their school years
This is a smaller granting round targeted at supporting programs that help vulnerable youth aged 13 to 29 years in the communities. Programs should occur between December 2018 and May 2019. Programs with timeframes that fall outside of this timeframe should apply for the 2019 Winter or Spring granting cycles.
GrantWatch ID#: 177142
Grants are up to $30,000.
Programs should occur between December 2018 and May 2019.
- Are nonprofit societies, co-ops or have an approved sponsor organization
- Demonstrate a strong need for the project/program that is proposed for funding
- Demonstrate a strong track record, organizational capacity and the ability to complete their project
- Propose projects/programs that benefit a significant number of youth in one or more of the communities where Coast Capital Savings does business: the Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and the South Okanagan
- Identify practical and realistic evaluation plans with achievable and measurable outcomes
- Encourage innovation through new approaches, new models and new ways of making change for individuals in the target communities
- Promote collaboration through mobilizing and facilitating individuals, groups and communities to work together
- Have taken demonstrable action to secure additional funding and community resources
- Have prepared realistic and appropriate activity plans and budgets for the initiatives proposed
- Political parties or affiliated activities
- Religious activities
- Individuals seeking grants
- Deficit or retroactive funding
- Programs or initiatives outside Coast Capital Savings' market areas
- Controversial issues
- Healthcare, health events, medical equipment, individualized therapy, or counseling services
- Capital campaigns and infrastructure, (e.g., for new buildings, monuments, playgrounds, etc.)
- Capital expenses, (unless they are small expenses and are part of a broader project proposal)
- Fundraising events or projects
- More than 70 percent of a project’s budget (in-kind contributions will be considered)
- Organizations that have not submitted satisfactory final reports from previously received Coast Capital Savings funding
Winter Grant Cycle
- Expression of Interest Deadline: February 5, 2018
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Notification: Early April
Spring Grant Cycle
- Expression of Interest Deadline: April 2, 2018
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2018
- Notification: End of June
Fall Grant Cycle
- Expression of Interest Deadline: August 24, 2018
- Application Deadline: September 20, 2018
- Notification: Early November
Fill out an online Expression of Interest (EOI) that outlines your proposal for a Community Investment Grant. Your submission will be reviewed for basic eligibility and fit, and you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
If your Expression of Interest is accepted, you'll be invited to submit a full application together with two letters of support, which will then be reviewed by one of the Youth Get It Community Councils. Applicants will be notified of the decision by email.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit an Expression of Interest online:
For questions, please email email@example.com.
Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and the South Okanagan
Canada: British Columbia