Eau Claire Community Foundation (ECCF) Grants
Grants to Eau Claire Area, Wisconsin Nonprofits for
Arts, Environment, Education, and Social Services
Arts, Environment, Education, and Social Services
Foundation / Corporation
Eau Claire Community Foundation (ECCF)
01/31/17 11:59 PM Electronic Receipt; 2/1/2017 4:00 PM Hard Copy Receipt
Grants to Eau Claire Area, Wisconsin nonprofit organizations to benefit local communities in the areas of arts and culture, education, social services, animal welfare, environment, recreation, and disabilities accessibility. Funding may be requested for programming and capital support.
There are two main types of grant for which you can apply:
1) Program Grants fund programs or services provided by your organization
2) Asset Purchase/Improvement Grants fund specific purchases that will help keep your organization running smoothly.
The Eau Claire Community Foundation (ECCF) serves Eau Claire and its surrounding area by awarding grants to organizations whose programs address needs in the following areas:
1) “Create Culture” (Arts and Culture) – Supports programs and organizations that enhance the quality of life in the community through music, visual and performing arts, and museums.
2) “Form Futures” (Education) – Supports programs that provide instruction for children and adults offered by established institutions or nonprofit organizations, as well as programs that offer learning or community development opportunities.
3) “Give Green” (Environment, Recreation, Animals) – Supports programs that engage children and adults in activities that improve or sustain the quality of natural resources. Also supports programs that provide opportunities for children and adults to engage in sports, fitness, and health and recreational activities.
4) “Offer Opportunities” (Social Services) – Supports programs that provide for important needs for children and adults, families, or community needs such as basic health services, food, shelter, safety, and clothing.
5) “Add Access” – Supports initiatives which add accessibility to facilities or programs for people with disabilities.
The Foundation favors innovative proposals that:
-Promote collaboration and reduce duplication of services;
-Strengthen the ability of the local community to respond more effectively to needs;
-Build upon the strengths of the community;
-Apply the Foundation’s limited resources optimally to meet important community needs.
Preference will be given to requests that demonstrate the most urgent and immediate need for funding and impact of service. Additionally, the ECCF supports projects which have been planned in light of overall community needs and which do not duplicate existing services.
Grants are made for one year only.
Applicants will need to submit evidence of 501(c)(3) tax status, or another qualified 501(c)(3) organization must agree to serve as fiscal agent.
Grants shall be awarded for current expenditures, not for obligations previously incurred.
The ECCF does not make grants to organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, familial status, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, lawful sources of income, national origin, or any other discriminatory practice prohibited by state or federal law.
-Repetitive requests (i.e. the same use year after year)
-To cover deficit spending
-Direct grants to individuals, annual campaigns, or lobbying
-Contributions to endowment funds, contingency funds, or reserves
-Regular operational expenses of a program (e.g. rent, salaries)
-Sectarian (religious) programs, if the program participation requires membership in the religious group or commitment to specific beliefs prescribed by the religious group
-Organizations operated primarily for the benefit of their own membership
-For the payment of interest or taxes
The deadline for submitting online grant applications is 11:59 PM on January 31, 2017. The deadline for submitting hard copies to the ECCF office is 4:00 PM on February 1, 2017.
Grant applicants will be informed of the results by May 4, 2017.
The ECCF rarely provides the entire support of a project. It encourages the participation of others in funding projects.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Program Grant Application: https://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/lasting-impact/apply-grant/eccf-grant-application-materials/program-grant-application/
Asset Grant Application: http://www.eccommunityfoundation.org/lasting-impact/apply-grant/eccf-grant-application-materials/asset-grant-application
Rebecca White Body, Program Specialist
Eau Claire Community Foundation
306 S. Barstow St., Suite 104
Eau Claire, WI 54701
The ECCF makes grants to nonprofit agencies located in the Eau Claire area, or to those able to demonstrate significant impact within this area. Preference will be given to agencies located within the Eau Claire area.
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.