Foundation / Corporation
Grundy County Memorial Hospital (GCMH) Foundation
11/01/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Iowa nonprofits, schools, and health-promoting groups for programs and projects that address the health needs of residents in the funding source's service area. The service area covered for this grant includes the communities of Aplington, Beaman, Conrad, Dike, Eldora, Gladbrook, Grundy Center, Holland, Hudson, Morrison, Lincoln, Parkersburg, Reinbeck, Steamboat Rock, Stout, and Wellsburg.
An innovative new tool from the Grundy County Memorial Hospital Foundation allows nonprofit organizations, schools, and health-promoting groups to make use of this program to impact health needs in their communities.
Funding is ultimately intended to promote the development of new and creative ways of (a) delivering programming on health-promoting topics, or (b) delivering a specific service that addresses a community health need.
Grant requests need to address at least one of the specific areas of:
- Access to health care
- Chronic disease management
- Prevention of health conditions or disease
- Wellness (activities designed to support healthy behaviors in the community or workplace)
The project’s primary goal must reflect an improvement in the health status of local residents. New and creative ideas for programming are encouraged, and preference will be given to grants that address unmet community health needs.
Grants may fund staff time, materials, supplies, and publicity costs.
GrantWatch ID#: 177250
Minimum grant award is $50; maximum is $5,000. Ongoing projects may reapply for funding.
Ongoing projects may reapply for funding.
- Nonprofit organizations who desire to promote projects that address the community health needs of the GCMH service area, which includes the communities of Aplington, Beaman, Conrad, Dike, Eldora, Gladbrook, Grundy Center, Holland, Hudson, Morrison, Lincoln, Parkersburg, Reinbeck, Steamboat Rock, Stout, and Wellsburg.
- GCMH departments and/or work teams who wish to create and deliver health programming in addition to the classes, support groups, and programs that are regularly offered by the hospital
Grants need to be turned back into the hospital by the quarterly deadline of March 1, July 1, and November 1.
Typed grants are preferred, but not required.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
201 East J Ave,
Grundy Center, IA 50638
Please contact GCMH Foundation staff with questions:
Keely Harken or Erin Schildroth
Phone: (319) 824-5421 or (319)824-4152
USA: Iowa: Aplington, Beaman, Conrad, Dike, Eldora, Gladbrook, Grundy Center, Holland, Hudson, Morrison, Lincoln, Parkersburg, Reinbeck, Steamboat Rock, Stout, and Wellsburg.