Foundation / Corporation
The Philadelphia Foundation - Edna W. Andrade Fund
03/21/19 3:00 PM EDT
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 to USA nonprofit art organizations and museums for programs and exhibitions that promote visual fine artists from the Greater Philadelphia area. For the purpose of this grant program, fine artists are defined as individuals working in two- or three- dimensions who employ, without limitation, the media of painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, or sculpture.
The grants will benefit visual fine artists in the Greater Philadelphia area by supporting:
- The purchase or the commissioning of works of art created by artists in the Greater Philadelphia area by local or national museums or other charitable organizations
- The funding of one-person exhibitions of Greater Philadelphia artists at local or national museums
- New or continuing educational, cultural, humanitarian or environmental projects by individual artists or groups of artists in the Greater Philadelphia area by nonprofit organizations that are acting as fiscal agents on behalf of the artist/s.
The Greater Philadelphia area is defined as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer counties in New Jersey.
GrantWatch ID#: 177310
Up to six grants
Grants are awarded in amounts ranging from $10,000 to $25,000.
- 501c3 status
- The organization must have created, curated, produced, or presented at least three professional public exhibits or projects within the last five years.
- If the organization is a religious institution, it may only apply for nonsectarian activities.
- The organization must have adopted a non-discrimination policy including race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability and any other legally protected characteristics.
This grant supports grants for local or national museums or nonprofit art organizations with exhibitions or programs that benefit visual fine artists of Greater Philadelphia, as defined as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer counties in New Jersey.
This grant does not cover the following:
- Private foundations
- Intermediary funding agencies
- Government agencies
- Endowment or capital projects or campaigns
- Advocacy or lobbying activities
The grant cannot be used for activities completed prior to the application.
Applications are due March 21, 2019, 3:00 PM.
Final grant decisions will be made by April 4, 2019.
General grant FAQs: https://www.philafound.org/Nonprofits/ApplyforaGrant/GrantFAQs.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Please email email@example.com to request a custom link to upload all your associated attachments in relation to this application.
1835 Market St., Suite 2410
Philadelphia, PA 19103
USA: New Jersey: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer Counties; Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties