Government of New Brunswick (GNB) - Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
09/06/19 11:59 PM AST
Grants of up to $6,000 to New Brunswick music artists and production companies to support the recording of full-length albums, mini albums and EPs, and market-ready singles. Funding may be used for both pre-production and production expenses. The objectives of this program are as follows:
Mid Program Objectives:
- Foster the development and growth of the music industry in New Brunswick.
- Ensure that professional artists and music industry professionals have the skills, capacity and tools to succeed in a global and digital environment.
- Encourage the continuous career development of both seasoned and emerging artists.
- Enable the music industry to play a greater role in developing its own talent and in strengthening the industry.
- Enable the music industry to play a greater role in contributing to the economic development of the province of New Brunswick.
- Provide artists, industry professionals and music companies more opportunities to develop while remaining residents of the province.
- Provide investment for the production of New Brunswick sound recordings.
- Promote the development and growth of the New Brunswick music industry through providing opportunities to create, market and promote New Brunswick sound recordings with market potential.
- Encourage the career development of artists and the emergence of new talent and content.
- To produce quality musical works from New Brunswick with market potential.
- To make these works accessible to New Brunswick residents and to the world.
- To increase the collaboration between the various links in the music industry chain.
For information on project eligibility and eligible expenses, see the following link:
For a list of other considerations, see the following link:
GrantWatch ID#: 177500
The financial contribution is in the form of an investment of up to 50% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $6,000. If the project takes place outside of New Brunswick, the financial contribution is in the form of an investment of up to 30% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $6,000.
Applicants may apply more than once in the course of a fiscal year (April 1 to March 31) as long as the applicant is not in default. The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for the Sound Recording Component is $6,000.
Eligible expenses must be incurred within a 10-month time as per below:
- April 1, 2019: January 31, 2020
- September 6, 2019: June 30, 2020
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Create Applicant Profile:
Update Applicant Profile:
Online Application Form:
New Brunswick Music Industry Development (MID) Program
c/o Music/Musique NB
140, rue Botsford Street, Suite 30
Moncton, NB E1C 4X4
Canada: New Brunswick