Nordson Grant - Georgia
Grants to Georgia Nonprofits in Gwinnett, Dawson, and
Emanuel Counties for Community Development
Emanuel Counties for Community Development
Foundation / Corporation
Nordson Corporation Foundation
Grants to Georgia nonprofits in Gwinnett, Dawson, and Emanuel Counties to address community needs through educational programs from birth through adulthood as well as programs in human welfare, arts and culture, and civic affairs. It is suggested that organizations contact a Foundation staff member before submitting an application to determine if the grant request falls within the Foundation's priorities. Funding may be used for general operating support.
The Nordson Foundation offers support to non-profit organizations that cultivate educational curriculum and experiences that foster self-sufficiency, job readiness, and goals to aspire to higher education. The Foundation supports results-oriented opportunities that prepare individuals for full and equal participation in the economic and social mainstream.
The goals of the Nordson Corporation Foundation are to insure that:
- All children have access to and receive quality educational experiences from early childhood
- All individuals have the opportunity to be self-sufficient members of society
- There is a continuum of quality educational opportunities
- The communities are strengthened by the organizations funded whether their focus is education, human welfare, civic or arts and culture
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Maximizing Student Success
- Access to quality educational opportunities
- Innovative programs
- Partnerships/collaborations with school districts
- Funding gaps not covered by public monies
- Augmenting core curriculum
- Exposure to programs that expand on traditional education
- Workforce Preparation
- Initial preparation for the world of work
- Retraining for the new job market
- Strengthening communities
- Grants will be reviewed and considered on the basis of their enrichment to the communities where employees live and work.
- Promote prevention and lifestyle maintenance programs and activities
- Promote crisis intervention
- Promote life transition opportunities
- Promote systemic and/or policy change
Arts and Culture:
- Actively seek to broaden the audience bases in Nordson communities
- Support the visual and performing arts
- Provide educational enrichment for students
- Motivation for at-risk youth
- Provide access to the arts for special needs audience
- Promote greater understanding among people via the arts
- Work to improve the physical or economic environment
- Provide cultural or historical preservation
- Strive to inform citizens and increase their participation in community improvement
Organizations and programs receiving grants will be expected to identify relevant, measurable outcomes to demonstrate the effectiveness of their programs.
The Nordson Corporation Foundation makes grants only to tax-exempt organizations, as defined in Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, based in geographic areas where Nordson facilities and employees are located.
Generally, the Foundation makes grants directly to the recipient organization and does not participate in fundraising activities.
Nordson Corporation Foundation does not fund:
- Direct grants or scholarships to individuals
- Organizations not eligible for tax-deductible support
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion
- Membership Drives
For more information on grant guidelines: http://www.nordson.com/en/our-company/community
It is suggested that organizations contact the Foundation staff member who represents their geographic area before submitting an application to determine if the grant request falls within the Foundation's priorities.
Deadlines for submitting your grant application are May 15, August 15, and November 15.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
You must apply using the online application. Nordson does not accept paper applications.
Eligibility Quiz and Online Application Portal: http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=5120&x_quiz_id=5920&x_order_by=1
Cindy Baumgardner, Program Officer
11475 Lakefield Drive
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Phone: (770) 497-3672
Gwinnett, Dawson, and Emanuel Counties
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.