Foundation / Corporation
09/15/18 11:59 PM PST
Grants to Douglas County area, Georgia nonprofits and schools to benefit communities surrounding the funding source's location. Program areas include STEM education, green initiatives and sustainability, supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem, and developing technology infrastructure.
Google is committed to playing a positive role in each of the communities in which it operates around the world. Through grant-making and local initiatives, Google is working to help businesses, schools, and nonprofits thrive.
The Data Center Community Grants Program supports eligible organizations and initiatives that directly impact the immediate community surrounding a Google data center.
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Google places a particular focus on computer science education and STEM initiatives for underrepresented groups (including girls) in math and science professions.
- Efforts to bridge the digital divide.
- Carbon reduction or green initiatives with regional impact.
- Nonprofit organizations dedicated to strengthening the technology startup or entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Technology infrastructure for nonprofits, cultural institutions, and schools that will use technology to broaden impact and reach audiences in new ways.
When evaluating proposals, Google considers:
- Location and geographic impact in the immediate community surrounding one of our offices or data centers.
- Measurable and demonstrable benefit to the community—the number of persons who will benefit and at how that impact will be quantified.
- Organizational capacity that may include a track record of implementing programs.
- Integration with other community resources within the focus area, such as other nonprofits and government entities with similar goals.
- Innovative approaches that have potential for replication, if successful.
GrantWatch ID#: 177851
This program seeks to support nonprofits and schools in Douglas County, Georgia.
Previous recipients also include public library systems and fire/EMS departments.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST on September 15, 2018.
Overview of the Community Grants Program:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Georgia: Douglas County