Foundation / Corporation
09/15/18 11:59 PM
Grants to Iowa nonprofit organizations and public schools for projects that directly impact the Council Bluffs area. Initiatives may include carbon reduction or green activities, STEM education for underrepresented groups, and strengthening the technology infrastructure of nonprofit organizations.
More details on the focus areas are as follows:
- Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Particular focus will be on computer science education and STEM initiatives for underrepresented groups (including girls) in math and science professions.
- Efforts to bridge the digital divide.
- Carbon reduction or green initiatives with regional impact.
- Nonprofit organizations dedicated to strengthening the technology startup or entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Technology infrastructure for nonprofits, cultural institutions, and schools that will use technology to broaden impact and reach audiences in new ways.
- Location and geographic impact in the immediate community surrounding Google offices or data centers.
- Measurable and demonstrable benefit to the community—the number of persons who will benefit and at how that impact will be quantified.
- Organizational capacity that may include a track record of implementing programs.
- Integration with other community resources within the focus area, such as other nonprofits and government entities with similar goals.
- Innovative approaches that have potential for replication, if successful.
GrantWatch ID#: 177852
Iowa nonprofits and schools have been awarded grants through this program. Initiatives must directly impact the immediate community surrounding the Google data center in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Grant applications will be accepted from August 1 through September 15. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on September 15, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Iowa: Council Bluffs