Foundation / Corporation
Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services (KBEMS)
01/31/19 12:00 AM Central
Grants to Kentucky certified ambulance service agencies for the purchase of a broad range of equipment. Please note that qualifying ambulance services must coordinate the application process with their county government. Applicants must refer to the list authorized by FEMA to determine the validity of items requested.
GrantWatch ID#: 177888
Agencies must be licensed as Class I ground ambulance services in the State of Kentucky.
Ambulance Grant Funding Program Timeline
- November 6, 2018: FY19-20 Grant Applications Available in KEMSIS
- January 31, 2019: FY19-20 Deadline for Submission. Completed application consists of G-1 and G-2 forms and pertinent document uploads and signatures. Electronic application must be submitted by 12:00 AM Central. Late submissions will not be processed. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- March 15, 2019: G-4 Accountability of Funds form must be submitted. Invoices/receipts must be consistent with the items approved for purchase during the July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018 fiscal year.
- April 30, 2019: Notification of award for FY19-20 (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020).
- August 31, 2019: FY19-20 grant awards distributed.
Counties must ensure the following:
- Ensure that your County Fiscal Court office or Metro government has completed and provided your organization with a copy of the FY19-20 County Application (KBEMS G-1) because you MUST attach it to your Application for Funds (KBEMS G-2) in KEMSIS.
- Ensure that your County Fiscal Court office or Metro government has completed and provided you with a copy of the KCTCS Substitute W-9 form, only if information has changed since the FY 2017 application period. KBEMS will once again use Direct Deposit for the disbursement of funds to your county. Please ensure the information on file is correct.
Agencies must ensure the following:
- Ensure that your eligible organization has completed and submitted the Agency Application (KBEMS G-2) in KEMSIS prior to January 31, 2019. The G-2 in KEMSIS will require you to attach the County or Metro government's completed G-1.
- Ensure that your eligible organization has completed and submitted the Accountability of Funds (KBEMS G-4) in KEMSIS prior to March 15, 2019. The G-4 in KEMSIS will require you to attach the relevant supporting documentation, such as receipts.
The KBEMS office, along with all KCTCS offices, will observe institutional closing from December 24, 2018 through January 4, 2019. During this time no one will be available to answer any last minute questions. The deadline for online submission is set by regulation; the KEMSIS will not accept incomplete applications or those after the deadline of January 31, 2019.
Remember, there is no longer a Board Approved list of items. All items purchased with Ambulance Grant funds must fit into your agency Tier classification as described in 202 KAR 7:520:
The KBEMS will utilize FEMA's Authorized Equipment List (AEL) in determining the validity of the item(s) requested:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online through KEMSIS:
Please contact the office through the Support Portal:
Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services
118 James Court, Suite 50
Lexington, KY 40505
Phone: (859) 256-3565