Texas Department of Agriculture - State Office of Rural Health (SORH)
02/14/19 5:00 PM CT
Grants of up to $75,000 to Texas nonprofit and public hospitals serving rural communities for capital projects. Funding may be requested to construct new facilities, improve existing health facilities, or purchase equipment. Eligible activities sustain or further a rural hospital’s ability to provide healthcare.
- Equipment: non-expendable personal property with a unit cost of more than $5,000 and a useful life of more than one year.
- Contracts for non-medical services: includes, but is not limited to, contracts for designing, engineering, supervising, surveying, and other expenses incidental to the acquisition, construction or improvements of new hospitals.
- Patient transportation: includes, but is not limited to, contracts for patient transportation projects such as the purchase of ambulances.
- Construction: includes, but is not limited to, contracts for any construction on the hospital or outbuildings, remodel projects, additions, etc.
Commitment of Key Personnel:
To ensure the success of the project, key personnel directly impacted by the project should be included and involved with the planning and development of the project. Their involvement is a must to ensure the project is effectively implemented, that it will meet the identified needs, and also guarantee its sustainability. For example, if an applicant has applied for funding to purchase infant warmers, the head of the nursery department would be consulted to certify the need of the equipment and its prolonged use.
GrantWatch ID#: 177903
Award amounts shall not exceed $75,000.
CIP grant period: June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020. Prior to the award date of June 1, 2019, if costs are incurred without prior approval, TDA is not liable for any costs incurred by the applicant.
Eligible applicants for CIP include public and nonprofit hospitals located in rural counties as defined in Section 487.301 of the Texas Government Code:
- "Public hospital" - a general or special hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Texas Health and Safety Code, that is owned or operated by a municipality, county, municipality and county, hospital district, or hospital authority, and that performs inpatient and outpatient services.
- "Rural County" - a county that has a population of 150,000 or less; or with respect to a county that has a population of more than 150,000 and contains a geographic area that is not delineated as urbanized by the federal census bureau, that part of the county that is not delineated as urbanized.
CIP funds shall not be utilized to reimburse an applicant for operating expenses, debt retirement, or recruitment/retention of providers.
The deadline for all 2019 CIP applications is 5:00 PM CT on February 14, 2019.
Mailed, hand-delivered, and emailed applications will be accepted. Faxed applications will not be accepted. Applicants will not be allowed to supplement the application after the application deadline. Application materials must be typed. Handwritten applications will NOT be accepted. Only one application per
applicant/facility is allowed.
Applicants are required to commit a 25% match of CIP funds requested. For example, if requesting $75,000 in CIP funding, an applicant must commit to a match of $18,750 for a total project cost of $93,750. Matching funds must be reflected within the application and must be associated with the same proposed project activities as the requested CIP funding. Applicants are required to include a Certification of Matching Funds letter certifying that entire amount of matching funds for the project has been secured and is available.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications: RuralHealth@TexasAgriculture.gov
Mailing Address (for U.S. Postal Service):
Texas Department of Agriculture State Office of Rural Health
Post Office Box 12847, Capitol Station
Austin, Texas 78711
Physical Address (for Overnight Carriers):
1700 N. Congress Avenue, 11th Floor Mailroom
Austin, Texas 78701
You may also hand deliver to staff on 2nd Floor.
For questions: (512) 463-0018