Foundation / Corporation
United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley and Salem-Keizer Transit
In-kind grants of one-day bus passes to Oregon nonprofit organizations to distribute to residents of Salem and Keizer who are in need of vital services. Organizations must provide the bus passes to clients who need local transportation to health, education, income, and basic needs services in the Salem-Keizer Transit District service area. This program is intended to connect those in need with transportation to vital services so that they may achieve self-sufficiency and stability.
Bus passes may be issued for the following purposes:
- Transportation to access basic needs services such as; food, clothing and housing/shelter
- Physical and mental health appointments, if OHP will not provide triplink or reimbursement for the trip.
- Social service appointments such as Department of Human Services, Unemployment office, Social Security office, etc.
- Services provided by your organization or program such as support groups, case management, therapy, etc.
- Employment searches or job interviews
- Transportation to/from school
- Low-income adults seeking to obtain their GED/diploma or children needing emergency transportation to 24J schools
- Transportation to/from new employment (until 1st paycheck)
GrantWatch ID#: 177922
The current application is for the three month period of January - March 2018.
Eligible organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization to be eligible for passes. All other classifications are ineligible.
- Provide services in the health and human services field.
- Have a location that is accessible to the public for walk-in bus pass requests. Office/location should be within the Salem-Keizer Transit District service area.
- Agree to adhere to the bus pass usage guidelines.
- Public and private schools are not eligible to apply.
- Government agencies/programs are not eligible to apply.
- Office/location must be located in Salem.
Bus passes may not be used for the following:
- Parole officer appointments-Parole officers have passes for this purpose
- Field trips or school activities
- Extra-curricular activities or sports
- Given to volunteers/staff
- Given away as prizes, giveaways, included in gift baskets or raffles
- Transportation to special events/community activities
- Trips that are covered by the client’s Oregon Health Plan health insurance.
Contact each organization that currently has bus passes to get information on availability.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download a Printable List (PDF) of organizations that currently have bus passes.
The application must be completed by Thursday, December 14, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please contact Annie Chapman or call United Way at (503) 363-1651 for information on the application process, or for a current list of organizations who have been awarded bus passes.
United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley
455 Bliler Avenue NE, Salem, Oregon 97301
USA: Oregon: Salem-Keizer Area