Foundation / Corporation
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Award of up to $2,500 to a USA, Canada, or International preK-12 teacher to recognize the outstanding implementation of technology as a means to enhance learning. This award will be given to an individual who can demonstrate successful lessons and a passion for teaching.
Award judges will use the following selection criteria:
- Required application materials are complete and submitted by deadline.
- The applicant is a preK-12 teacher.
- The applicant's work has had a significant positive impact on technology use in the applicant's educational community (whether that's locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, or worldwide).
- The applicant has demonstrated his/her ability to both deliberately plan for and incorporate the use of technology for the purpose of improving the educational setting.
- The applicant continuously improves his or her professional practice through the exploration of creative applications for technology and the consistent evaluation and reflection of current research and practices to improve student learning.
- The applicant promotes the effective use of digital tools across local and global learning communities and applies current research and professional practices to support effective use in student learning.
- The applicant exhibits leadership in his or her school and/or professional community with a vision of technology infusion and by participating in shared decision making and community building that contribute to the vitality and self-renewal of the teaching profession, their school and their community.
- The applicant's work has positively impacted the applicant's school and/or community
- The applicant's work reflects ISTE’s mission to empower learners to flourish in a connected world by cultivating a passionate learning community; linking educators and partners; leveraging knowledge and expertise; advocating for strategic policies; and continually improving learning and teaching.
The award winner will receive:
-Recognition at the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Complimentary registration to the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Up to $1,000 travel stipend to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo
-A $1,500 cash prize
-A one-year ISTE membership
-An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement
-Recognition in ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media and on iste.org
GrantWatch ID#: 178179
The award winner will receive a $1,500 cash prize as well as a travel stipend of up to $1,000 to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo.
The applicant must be a preK-12 teacher.
Award applications are open Friday, December 1, 2017, to Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Award Requirements and Criteria: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominationCriteria?awardtypeid=6
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply for an award: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/awardContact?awardtypeid=6
Nominate a colleague: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominatecolleague?awardtypeid=6
1530 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 730
Arlington, VA 22209
800.336.5191 (U.S. & Canada)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.