Foundation / Corporation
Hawaiian Electric Industries (HEI) Charitable Foundation
Grants to Hawaii nonprofits and government agencies for a range of community programs throughout the state. Funding is intended for programs in the areas of education, environmental sustainability, as well as economic and community development. Primary consideration will be given to organizations or programs:
- That demonstrate cost-effectiveness by maximizing the achievement of goals while utilizing a minimum of resources;
- In communities where the company has or will have a significant presence;
- That provide recognition and goodwill for the company;
- That further the well-being of the company’s employees and their interests;
- That enhance business development opportunities for HEI companies; and
- That are actively supported by volunteers from the company and/or foster camaraderie within.
GrantWatch ID#: 178314
Multi-year pledges are very limited.
Only 501(c)(3) organizations to which contributions are deductible for tax purposes under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code (1954) as amended will be eligible for assistance. Funds can also be donated to governmental entities, provided that such funds are used for a public purpose in accordance with IRS rules governing 501(c)(3) charitable foundations.
Contributions will not normally be provided for:
- Activities to replace government support;
- Programs outside the areas served by HEI companies;
- Religious activities of a particular denomination;
- Veterans, fraternal or labor organizations, unless the purpose benefits all the people in the community;
- Political funds;
- Program advertising; and
- Direct support for specific individuals.
Capital pledges are very limited.
Grant requests are presented on a quarterly basis to the HEI Charitable Foundation Board. In order to have a grant request considered at the quarterly meeting, please submit a completed grant application by the first of January, April, July, and October.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email the summary form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HEI Charitable Foundation (ASB29-Z8)
P.O. Box 730
Honolulu, HI 96808-0730
Telephone: (808) 543-7960
AJ Halagao, HEI Director of Corporate and Community Advancement
Telephone: (808) 543-5889