Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging between $3,000 and $7,500 to California nonprofits and government agencies for community projects that contribute to the welfare of eligible counties. Requests for specific purposes will be given preference over requests for general operating expenses.
Eligible counties include: Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Monterey, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tuolumne, Tulare, Washoe, Yolo, and Yuba.
Grants will be considered for the following areas:
- Civic improvement and historical restoration
- Community and social services
- Culture and the arts
- Environmental planning and preservation
- Rehabilitation and health service
- Transportation and planning
- Youth and elderly
The Foundation directors may also, from time to time, identify areas for special emphasis when emerging needs require extraordinary attention.
While deciding how much to grant to whom, the Foundation will give careful consideration to:
- The number of people that will benefit from the project
- The number of local volunteers supporting the organization and the project
- The commitment and composition of the organization’s Board of Directors or Board of Trustees
- The extent to which the applicant complements the services of other community organizations
- The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications
- The ability of the organization to provide ongoing funding after the term of the grant
- The extent to which the program addresses underlying causes, rather than just symptoms of specific problems
- How well the organization plans to monitor and evaluate the results of the project.
GrantWatch ID#: 178403
It is the Foundation’s intent to make grants in the range of $3,000 to $7,500.
Grants are generally made for one year only.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: http://teichertfoundation.egrant.net/
Allegra Pickett, Grants Manager
PO Box 15002
Sacramento, CA 95851-1002
Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Monterey, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tuolumne, Tulare, Washoe, Yolo, Yuba