Texas Association of School Librarians (TASL) - Texas Library Association (TLA)
Award to a Texas school administrator to acknowledge his or her outstanding contribution to library-related services. Nominees should demonstrate how they have advanced various literary programs for both students and professionals. Additionally, nominees should demonstrate how they have advocated for the integration of technology, as well as participation in state and national technology initiatives in the library, school, or district.
Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- How the nominee has been instrumental in staffing the library proportionate to student population throughout the entire instructional day for professional and clerical staffing needs.
- How the nominee has been instrumental in funding the local library budget, promoting bond issues, or seeking special funding to support the library.
- How the nominee promotes varied reading projects and reading at both professional and student levels.
- How the nominee establishes a campus or district culture that sets high expectations, promotes learning, and creates an understanding of the library as an integral part of the learning process.
- How the activities of the nominee have facilitated the long-range planning for facility improvement of the library and the use and integration of technology, telecommunications, and information systems.
- How the nominee supports library policies, innovation in library programming, and/or professional collaboration.
- How the nominee supports participation in institutes, workshops, seminars, conferences, in-service, interactive distance learning, video conferencing, and state and national library related conferences.
- How the nominee assisted in the development and implementation of a comprehensive program of parent and community relations that relate to the library.
Each nominee will be judged on these 9 criteria with a score of 0-5 assigned to each item. The nominee with the highest overall score will be selected as the award recipient.
GrantWatch ID#: 178458
The Administrator of the Year will be awarded a plaque.
School administrators in Texas may be nominated.
Nominations must be submitted by Thursday, January 31.
The winner and nominating librarian(s) will be contacted by late February so that they may make arrangements to attend the TLA Annual Conference in April.
More information: https://txla.org/awards-scholarships-stipends/unit-awards-scholarships/distinguished-service-school-administrators-award/about/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSffs46BNWAgCVGhCfdJOSyle4RDxksldXdolzDPVxBL5n2nVA/viewform
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Griffith at email@example.com or (979)730-7170.
Texas Library Association
3355 Bee Cave Road, Suite 401
Austin, Texas 78746-6763