Foundation / Corporation
United States-Israel Educational Foundation (USIEF)
03/01/19 11:59 PM
Fellowship to an Israel individual writer of short stories or novels, a poet, playwright, scripter, or literary translator to participate in a writing program in Iowa. The writing program will allow participants to participate in cultural exchange, and set aside time to hone their craft.
The goal of the 2019 International Writing Program (IWP) is to provide a setting for the participants to write, read, translate, conduct research, study, and travel; and the opportunity to give readings and become part of the vibrant literary and academic community at the University of Iowa.
- Candidates’ literary talent and accomplishments will be evaluated on the basis of works published in literary journals; works published as books by commercial publishing houses; plays performed by repertory and/or established theaters, films and television series which have been shown in movie theaters across the country or broadcast on national television; etc.
- English language proficiency.
- Leadership qualities.
- Demonstrable ambassadorial skills required to promote mutual understanding between the United States and Israel (Fulbright Scholars serve as cultural ambassadors and should be prepared to speak about their countries, communities, cultures and research to academic and community groups.)
- Awards, prizes and grants.
- The potential for cultural contribution and influence after the end of the program (length of time, quality, magnitude).
- Since the aim of the Fulbright Program is to foster cultural understanding between the US and Israel, preference will be given to applicants who have not had a substantial recent academic experience in the United States or another English-speaking country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not had previous Fulbright grants.
- The Foundation reserves the exclusive right to determine, within the framework of applicable law and regulations, the qualitative standards for the evaluation of applications. The Foundation is not under any obligation to provide the reasons for its decisions regarding the allocation of Fellowships.
GrantWatch ID#: 178541
The United States-Israel Educational Foundation (USIEF) plans to award one grant.
- Maintenance allowance;
- Lodgings at the University of Iowa;
- Program, cultural event and administrative fees;
- Limited health insurance;
- J-1 visa administration;
- International travel to and from the United States;
- Program related local and regional travel.
The duration of the program is three months, between August - November 2019.
Awards cannot be deferred to the following year. Awards must be taken up no later than the program start date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
03-517-2131, ex. 204
United States-Israel Educational Foundation
Rothschild Boulevard 76
(Moses House, 1st Floor)
Tel Aviv 6578517