Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, Veridian Credit Union
07/15/17 Midnight CST
Grants of up to $5,000 to Nebraska and Iowa nonprofit organizations and government entities in eligible counties that seek to improve financial literacy among residents, or that promote an inclusive community. Funding is intended for general operating support only.
Eligible counties are listed in Grant Coverage Areas below.
Funding area details:
- Financial Literacy: The purpose of the Financial Literacy Grant is to help improve financial literacy among adults and children.
- Inclusive Community: The purpose of the Inclusive Community Grant is to help create a community that is welcoming and inclusive of all individuals. Organizations applying for this grant must value the participation of all people in its activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 178683
Grants up to $5,000 will be awarded.
- Applicants must be classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3), tax-exempt non-profit organizations or government entities.
- Applications submitted through fiscal sponsors are not eligible.
- Grants are provided for general operating support, not for projects. Your organization’s mission must align with the mission of the Financial Literacy Grant or the Inclusive Community Grant.
- Grant funds must be spent providing services in one or more of the counties listed in Grant Coverage Areas below.
- If the applicant has received past funding, all grant reporting must be up to date and in good standing.
The following groups are not eligible:
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to raise funds for other organizations
- Political organizations
- Partisan organizations
- Labor organizations
- Fraternal organizations
- Organizations who require participants to participate in religious programming
- For-profit businesses
It is suggested that applicants, in particular first-time applicants, contact the Program Director for guidance regarding eligibility and alignment with the above funding priorities.
Notification will be by September 30, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Tom Wickersham, Program Director
Iowa: Adair, Allamakee, Audubon, Benton, Black Hawk, Boone, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Calhoun, Carrol, Cass, Cedar, Cerro Gordo, Chickasaw, Clayton, Clinton, Crawford, Dallas, Delaware, Dubuque, Fayette, Floyd, Franklin, Greene, Grundy, Guthrie, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Howard, Ida, Iowa, Jackson, Jasper, Johnson, Jones, Keokuk, Linn, Louisa, Madison, Mahaska, Marion, Marshall, Mills, Mitchell, Monona, Muscatine, Polk, Pottawattamie, Poweshiek, Sac, Scott, Shelby, Story, Tama, Warren, Washington, Webster, Winnebago, Winneshiek, Woodbury, Worth, and Wright.
Nebraska: Cass, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders, and Washington
USA: Iowa; Nebraska