Foundation / Corporation
The Ball Foundation
Grants to Metro Denver area, Colorado nonprofit organizations and accredited public and private schools and universities for programs that create a positive, measurable impact on the following areas: STEM education, recycling, disaster relief, and food security. The Foundation places priority on grants in the areas surrounding metro Denver and Broomfield, Colorado.
Priorities for each of these areas are outlined below.
1. STEM Education: The Ball Foundation focuses its education funding on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) for K-12 and higher education programs geared toward encouraging and preparing students for careers in engineering. Programs include supporting diversity by providing opportunities for educational achievement and diverse thought regardless of racial and ethnic background, gender, or economic status.
2. Recycling: The Ball Foundation supports programs that increase metal packaging recycling rates, improve collection processes, and provide education about the benefits of recycling.
3. Food Security: The Ball Foundation is committed to helping ensure that everyone in their communities has access to nutritious food.
4. Disaster Relief: The Ball Foundation is a proud partner of the American Red Cross Disaster Responder Program, helping the Red Cross deliver vital relief to people affected by disasters, big and small, across the U.S. and around the world. Additionally, the Ball Foundation partners with other organizations to provide drinking water to victims of flooding and other natural disasters.
GrantWatch ID#: 178698
Generally, a particular program or organization will not be funded for more than three consecutive years.
Eligible organizations include 501(c)(3), tax-exempt public charities, and accredited public or private schools or universities.
The Ball Foundation funds specific projects and programs rather than sponsorships (i.e., tables, golf tournaments, etc.). Funding to individual schools is limited to higher educational institutions, except when the Foundation matches qualifying contributions made to schools through manufacturing facilities. Ball reserves the right to deny funding to organizations at any time.
Organizations that have been denied funding by the Foundation must wait one year before being eligible to reapply for funding for the same program.
What the Ball Foundation does not fund:
The Ball Foundation does not support organizations that discriminate against a person or a group on the basis of age, political affiliation, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, disability, gender orientation, or religious belief.
In order to maintain its focus and achieve a greater impact through the use of its funds, the Ball Foundation also will generally not support:
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Programs targeted for people with specific physical, medical or psychological conditions
- Medical research
- Grant requests for production of audio, film or video
- Grant request for capital campaigns or projects
- Grant requests for museum exhibits or similar displays
- Requests to support travel
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code or unaccredited public/private schools
- Programs or organizations for which the Ball Foundation is asked to serve as the sole funding source
The Fall Cycle grant submission deadline is Sept. 15, 2018.
Interested organizations must apply online. The first step is a mandatory eligibility review. Organizations that meet the Foundation’s eligibility requirements will be permitted to register and complete the Foundation’s grant application. Generally, organizations can expect a response 6-8 weeks following the application deadline.
Click here for more information on how to apply: https://www.ball.com/na/vision/sustainability/community/ball-foundation/how-to-apply
Click here for further eligibility guidelines: https://www.ball.com/na/vision/sustainability/community/ball-foundation/funding-guidelines
Click here to view the online FAQs:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=6582&x_quiz_id=7806
10 Long Peak Dr.
Broomfield, CO 80021
General Inquiry Form: https://www.ball.com/na/about-ball/contact-us/general-inquiry-form
USA: Colorado: Metro Denver and Broomfield