Foundation / Corporation
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
03/29/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 to Central Oklahoma nonprofit organizations that offer direct services to elderly adults who are living independently. Applicants must request an invitation to apply before submitting a full application. Funding is intended for activities and programs that benefit seniors and that promote wellness and recreational opportunities, thereby encouraging health and reducing social isolation.
Grant funding goals:
1. To support programs or services that permit seniors to continue to live independently in their home.
2. To encourage wellness, exercise and social activities for seniors who otherwise may not have access to such opportunities.
3. Priority will be given to projects that leverage other resources and that demonstrate cooperation between two or more organizations.
Services to be supported are those that:
- Encourage and enable older adults to live independently, outside of institutional settings and address specific needs that allow independent living to continue.
- Support wellness and exercise activities that encourage better health for older adults, specifically those that are still living in their homes.
- Provide positive social and recreational opportunities for older adults who are otherwise isolated or unable to participate in community programs.
Grants may be made for existing or new direct services programs. Grants may also be made for equipment involved in a direct service program. Programs should be generally open and not restricted by residency or membership or restricted to individuals associated with a particular institution.
GrantWatch ID#: 178807
Grants will be in the range of $5,000 to $20,000.
No multiple-year funding commitments will be made.
501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide direct services for older adults in the central Oklahoma area and have governing boards based in the central Oklahoma area are eligible to apply.
Services for Elderly iFund grants will not be made for capital campaigns, fund-raising events, research projects, Mobile Meals programs, purchase of vehicles or facility construction. Lower priority will be given to support administrative needs such as occupancy, communications, computer equipment and overhead.
All interested applicants are encouraged to attend an informational meeting about the Elderly Services iFund grant program that is slated for February 22, 2019 at 3:00 PM at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation office.
To RSVP, please contact Rachel Mouton.
Grant applications will be accepted via an online form after the nonprofit has been invited to apply. To receive an invitation to apply, please email the name and address of your organization no later than March 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Include a brief description of your project and the target population.
- Online Application: Available after February 22, 2019
- Access to Grant Application Deadline: March 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Grant Application Deadline: March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Previous grantees can re-apply for additional funding for up to three years if program was successfully completed and proposed goals were achieved. Those who are applying for a renewal must state sustainability goals for the program or services funded by OCCF.
The grant application will be reviewed by a committee and recommended for approval to the board of Trustees. Grantees will be notified of a decision by late May 2019.
In order to streamline the online application process, all applicants are required to have a published GiveSmartOKC profile.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For those applicants that do not have a GiveSmartOKC profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive an invitation to apply, please email the name and address of your organization to email@example.com. Please submit any questions to the same email and note in the subject line “Elderly Services iFund Grant Application.”
For more information contact:
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
1000 N. Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
USA: Oklahoma: Central Oklahoma