Patterson Foundation Grant
Grants to USA Nonprofits for Oral Health to the Needy
and Assistance Dogs to Veterans and the Disabled
and Assistance Dogs to Veterans and the Disabled
Foundation / Corporation
10/09/17 11:59 PM CST
Grants of up to $60,000 and grants of up to $35,000 to USA nonprofits for programs that provide access to emergency and restorative dental care for individuals in need, and to provide assistance dogs to veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In the oral health focus area, the Foundation supports the following types of requests:
- Funding for state Mission of Mercy (MOM) events that provide free dental care to underserved people across the U.S. Individual grants for MOM events range up to $5,000, depending on several factors in the application including the number of patients to be served and results from prior events.
- Start-up costs or one-time projects that expand an organization’s capacity to serve individuals in need. For example, funding may be used for construction or renovation costs to expand clinic capacity. Per funding guidelines, grants cannot be used to purchase dental supplies or equipment or for the costs of patient care. In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $35,000, depending on the project goals and scope.
- Operational funding to support volunteer dental professionals and/or students working with the program. In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $10,000, depending on the project details. Grants for salary expenses to employ a dental hygienist or assistant to work directly with volunteer dentists are limited up to $5,000 per organization.
- Strategic grants for programs that impact underserved populations on a large scale. Programs may be national, regional or serve an expanded metro area. In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $60,000, depending on the scale and impact of the program.
Priority is given to organizations that are staffed primarily by volunteer dental professionals and/or students.
In the animal health focus area, the Foundation supports the following types of requests:
- Funding for organizations that provide assistance dogs to veterans and individuals with disabilities. The Foundation awards grants for start-up costs or one-time expenses to help a program expand capacity. In general, grant amounts vary up to $35,000, depending on the project details.
Oral health grants: In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $35,000, depending on the project goals and scope. For strategic grants for programs that impact underserved populations on a large scale, individual grant amounts vary up to $60,000, depending on the scale and impact of the program.
Animal grants: In general, grant amounts vary up to $35,000, depending on the project details.
MOM event grants: range up to $5,000.
The Foundation provides grants to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations classified as public charities by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Grants are made to support communities in the Patterson Companies service area.
In general, the Foundation will not consider requests for:
- The types of products sold by Patterson Companies, Inc., including dental or veterinary supplies and equipment (A local branch of a Patterson company may consider donating products.)
- The direct costs of treatment or therapies
- Organizations primarily funded by state or federal governments
- Film/video productions
- Religious programs for religious purposes
- Scientific research
- Fraternal, social, veteran or military organizations
- Conferences/seminars or publications of their proceedings
- Fundraising or athletic events
- Emergency operating support
- Political advocacy, lobbying
More information on how to apply:
If your organization is applying for a renewal grant, please contact the Patterson Foundation by phone or e-mail to be given access to the renewal application form.
If you are seeking funding for a local Mission of Mercy event, here is more about the application process for MOM events:
MOM event grants have different guidelines and deadlines. They must be submitted no earlier than eight months and no later than three months prior to the event.
Completed applications must be received by:
- Monday, January 9 for consideration on Tuesday, April 4.
- Friday, April 21 for consideration on Wednesday, June 21.
- Monday, July 10 for consideration on Wednesday, September 13.
- Monday, October 9 for consideration on Thursday, December 14.
Most applications require 60 to 90 days for consideration, depending upon when the Patterson Foundation Board meets to consider requests.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.