Foundation / Corporation
The Westfield Foundation
Grants to New Jersey nonprofits in Westfield and surrounding communities for programs in the areas of health and human services, education, cultural activities, civic, community development, historical resources, and the arts. Funding is intended to improve the quality of life in the region.
All proposals that show promise of making a significant contribution to the welfare of the community and its citizens are given careful consideration. Because funds available for distribution are limited, the Foundation favors awarding grants for community needs not capable of being met from other sources, and does not generally fund repetitive or ongoing programs.
In addition to adherence to the Foundation’s grant criteria, grant requests are evaluated on their plans for implementation. The Foundation is supportive of organizations that seek funding from other sources and demonstrate the ability to continue programs after a Foundation grant expires.
Foundation grants are available for definite programs and for projects covering a specified time.
The Foundation favors grants for programs or projects that:
- Focus primarily on Westfield and its surrounding communities
- Provide innovative responses to recognized community needs
- Focus on the Foundation's priority areas
- Enable agencies and institutions to improve their services to the local community
- Improve the managerial and fundraising capability of agencies and institutions, including increasing volunteer involvement
- Address and support positive community change
GrantWatch ID#: 179149
Organizations providing services to Westfield and its surrounding communities may apply.
The Foundation does not favor grants for:
- Operating support such as rent, salaries or any expense that is repetitive or continuing
- Financing deficits
- Travel expenses
- Private or parochial schools
- Religious activities
- Legislative activities or political campaigns
- Hospitals, except for programs with a strong Westfield orientation
- Reimbursement or retro-funding for projects substantially or already completed, or to replenish agency resources used to pay for such purposes
No grants are made to individuals, or to religious organizations for religious activities, or to other organizations for legislative activities or political campaigns.
Grant applications are reviewed quarterly. Deadlines for receipt of completed applications are January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1.
To apply, download the attached grant application. Applications must be submitted in writing.
All grant applications will receive a written response to the decision of the Board of Trustees after each quarterly meeting.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Betsy Chance, Westfield Foundation Executive Director
The Westfield Foundation
P.O. Box 2295
Westfield, NJ 07091
USA: New Jersey: Westfield and surrounding communities