Foundation / Corporation
Levi Lassen Foundation
Grants of up to 20,000 Euros per year to Israel nonprofits for projects that will encourage equal opportunities for all sectors of Israeli society. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding is intended for projects that facilitate dialogue between groups of different backgrounds or engage marginalized and underrepresented populations.
2018 Grant Award Focus: Shared Israeli Society
Shared society is one in which all individuals and constituent groups hold status as equally contributing participants, free to express their differences while integrating their voices within broader population. It respects everyone’s dignity and human rights while providing every individual with equal opportunity (from World Leadership Alliance, Club the Madrid). Examples of organizational activity aimed at a shared Israeli society include:
- Projects which create dialogue between Jews and Arabs, religious and secular, and other communities that differ from each other, with the objective to advance mutual understanding, cooperation and joint living between people from different sections in society. (Different "tribes")
- The project must have at least two sectors ("tribes") doing something together to advance a shared society
- The project must have at least some synergy with the overall vision and mission of the NGO
- The project (not necessarily the NGO) must be of a grassroots nature, so also small innovative projects of a large NGO will be considered
- The project must have a down to earth impact and, at least on the face of it, make a difference
- The primary target population must be 18 and above
GrantWatch ID#: 179160
Levi Lassen Foundation grants are up to 20,000 Euros a year.
Grants are given for a period of one year. Grantees may apply for a renewal grant.
Organizations officially registered as nonprofits in Israel (amutot, community interest companies, and charities) with valid authorization of nonprofit status (rishum amuta), proper management certificate (nihul takin) (unless the organization exists for only a short time) and valid certification from tax and VAT authorities (Ishur nihul sfarim ve'nikuy mas).
Start up NGOs do not need a nihul takin.
The age of the amuta is not relevant but preference will be given to those amutot that have already proven successful in their work.
Projects must be carried out in Israel, excluding occupied territories.
The Foundation does not, as a rule, fund the following
- Individuals (including scholarships, food and equipment distribution to individuals)
- Projects that have an economic/business/employment related objective
- Projects with a political agenda and advocacy work
- Pure arts (e.g., music, dance, vocal, theatre, films, drawing, sculpture)
- Formal education
- Hospitals, medical treatment or equipment
- Individuals with special needs
- Religious activity
- Academic research
- Universities and colleges
- Construction and renovation costs
- Municipalities and schools
- Trauma, post trauma, rehabilitation and emergencies
- Projects where the activity undertaken is clearly the responsibility of the government
There is a two-stage application process. Applications must be submitted online. You need to register once. After registration, you can manage your applications and correspondence online.
Applying works as follows: First, you submit a Stage 1- LOI (Letter of Intent), and if approved, you will be invited to submit a Stage 2 - full proposal.
The next meeting for which you can apply is February 14, 2019.
The deadline for the Stage 1 application is December 5, 2018.
If you have been accepted to Stage 2, the deadline for the Stage 2 full application is December 26, 2018.
Two weeks after the grants committee meeting, all applicants will receive notice by email.
How to apply: http://www.levilassen.org/application-procedure/how-to-apply-form/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete the online Stage 1 form: https://leviportal.ifundssuite.nl/
Hannan Serphos, Israel Advisor
Phone: (+) 972 89 26 34 22
Mobile: (+) 972 52 53 45 956
Fax: (+) 972 89 26 34 22
Stichting Levi Lassen
Phone: (+)31 (0)70 365 39 30