Foundation / Corporation
Rhode Island Foundation (RIF)
09/14/18 Midnight (EST) - Summer camps and other summer programs deadline; 09/14/18 - Research, support systems, and other services deadline.
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $75,000 to Rhode Island nonprofit organizations for support services for children with blindness and other visual impairments. Eligible services may include summer camps, guide dogs, or other programs that directly benefit those with blindness and vision loss. Funding is also intended for medical research on macular degeneration and support systems for those affected by the condition.
Eligible programs are those that respond to one of the Fund for the Blind priority areas:
- Assists visually impaired individuals in Rhode Island to move towards economic self-sufficiency
- Advances innovative solutions for people affected by blindness or vision loss
- Develops research-based solutions to the underlying disease or condition that causes blindness or vision loss, particularly macular degeneration
- Summer camps for Rhode Island children with low-vision and blindness
In addition, the following criteria will be used to make funding decisions:
- Clearly state an identified community need
- Has clearly stated goals, objectives and measurable outcomes
- Organization has a proven and relevant track record in this field
- Organization has the capacity to implement the proposal
- There is a clear sustainability plan
GrantWatch ID#: 179186
Generally, grants for this program will range from $10,000 to $75,000.
Applicants must be a Rhode Island nonprofit serving a well-defined population in Rhode Island.
Other applications will benefit those with blindness and vision loss in other ways.
There are two separate grant cycles:
Applications for summer camps and other summer programs must be submitted by midnight (EST) on May 4, 2018.
Applications focused on research, support systems, and other services must be submitted by midnight (EST) on September 14, 2018.
Please note that no assistance will be available after 5:00 PM (EST).
Applications are available six weeks prior to the deadline; all applications must be submitted through the online system.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Ricky Bogert, Grant Programs Officer
Rhode Island Foundation
One Union Station
Providence, RI 02903
USA: Rhode Island