Foundation / Corporation
Oregon Community Foundation (OCF)
02/15/19 5:00 PM
Grants generally ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Oregon nonprofit organizations and public agencies for park land acquisition and preservation. Funding is also intended for environmental, educational, and recreational improvements to Oregon's public parks. Preference is given to smaller, community-based organizations. Organizations with a demonstrated track record in planning and implementing park-related projects will also receive preference.
The following types of expenses will be considered:
- Land protection and acquisition
- Habitat restoration
- Enhancement of the outdoor experience, e.g., trail construction and interpretive signage
- Park-related ecological education programs
Competitive proposals should demonstrate one or more of the following qualities:
- Strong connection to parks and/or publicly-accessible, native undeveloped land
- Strong park-related educational component for youth and/or adults
- Promotes connectivity (land acquisition and trail projects)
- Strong community-based support (participation from other donors, volunteers, in-kind donations, and collaboration with other agency partners, school districts, etc.)
- Provides park opportunities and access for underserved communities (e.g., low-income, minority, rural populations)
- A grant from OPF will clearly make a difference (i.e. close the funding gap, leverage other sources of support)
GrantWatch ID#: 179269
Funds generally range from $1,000 to $5,000. Larger grants may occasionally be considered for unique or special projects.
Grantees will be expected to report on the use of the funds nine months following the award date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
For questions, please contact Marcy Houle at 503.621.1018 or Michael Achterman at email@example.com or 503.227.6846.
For troubleshooting and questions about the online application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Michael Achterman.
1221 SW Yamhill, Suite 100
Portland OR 97205