Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Randolph County (CFRC)
09/30/18 4:30 PM
Grants to Randolph County, Indiana nonprofit organizations for programs that will improve the quality of life for local residents. The Foundation has historically funded projects in the areas of health and human services, economic development, education, community betterment, youth, and arts and culture. Funding is intended to enable local nonprofits to respond effectively to the needs of the community.
In general, the Foundation prefers to provide funding for:
- Start-up costs for new programs;
- One-time projects or needs; and/or
- Capital needs beyond an applicant's capabilities and means.
In addition, field of interest funding is available on a limited basis for the areas of:
- Arts and culture
- Civic and community development
- Education and libraries
- Environmental and historical preservation
- Health and human services
GrantWatch ID#: 179292
Once a grant is received, the Foundation anticipates that the funds shall be expended during the calendar year awarded. The Foundation board is reluctant to approve grants for multi-year grant requests.
The Foundation makes grants to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3) organizations operating or proposing to operate programs for the benefit of Randolph County residents.
- Individuals other than scholarships (separate applications exist for scholarship programs)
- Organizations for religious or sectarian purposes
- Make-up of operating deficits, post-event or after-the-fact situations
- Endowment campaigns
- For any propaganda, political or otherwise, attempting to influence legislation or intervene in any political affairs or campaigns.
- Services such as fire, police, schools, parks, etc. that are the responsibility of government and tax supported. (We will, on occasion, however, support special projects of these agencies)
In addition, the Foundation board is reluctant to approve grants to any organization for the purpose of maintaining an on-going operating budget. However, exceptions to this may be made at the discretion of the Board.
The Spring 2018 Grant deadline is April 2, 2018.
The Foundation Board considers grants two times each year – in March and September. Spring grant requests must be submitted no later than March 31. Fall grant requests must be submitted no later than September 30. Complete applications must be in the Foundation office by 4:30 PM on the deadline date or on the following Monday if the 31st or 30th falls on a weekend.
Applicants can only be funded once per year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed typewritten application forms should be sent or delivered to the Foundation’s office at:
213 South Main Street
Winchester, Indiana 47394
USA: Indiana: Randolph County