Mississippi Arts Commission (MAC)
03/01/19 Postmarked for mailed applications
Fellowships of up to $5,000 to Mississippi professional artists to support and honor artists who display the ability to create outstanding work in their field. Funding is intended to support artists in select fields in the areas of folk, literary, medial, performing, and visual and design arts.
The fellowships are awards based on merit. While applicants are not required to submit information on how they might use the funds, MAC expects the recipients to dedicate the funds towards expanding their ability to create new work.
Under MAC's current plan, certain artistic disciplines alternate every other year.
Fellowship Categories for FY2020 (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020):
- Folk Arts: Performing arts traditions such as blues guitar, old-time fiddling and traditional dance.
- Literary Arts: Screenwriting, playwriting, creative non-fiction.
- Performing Arts: Music, theater, storytelling and dance performance.
- Visual Arts: Painting, sculpture (fine art woodcarving, stonecarving, or ceramics), works on paper, and photography.
Fellowship Categories for FY2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021)
- Folk Arts: Traditional, community-based visual art forms such as basketmaking, woodcarving and quilting.
- Literary Arts: Fiction and poetry.
- Media Arts: Film and video.
- Performing Arts: Music composition, choreography or interdisciplinary arts.
- Visual and Design Arts: Includes visual arts (painting, sculpture, works on paper, photography) and design (architectural design, fashion design, graphic design, and landscape architecture).
GrantWatch ID#: 179374
Up to $5,000
Funding is for the period of July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=missarts
Mississippi Arts Commission
501 North West Street
Suite 1101A, Woolfolk Building
Jackson, MS 39201
Maria Zeringue - Folk Arts, Media Arts
Kristen Brandt - Literary Arts
Sondra Lee-Bell - Performing Arts
Melody Moody Thortis - Visual and Design Arts