Foundation / Corporation
St. Johns Cultural Council (SJCC)
10/01/17 - 4:00 pm Delivered or Postmarked
Grants of up to $500 to St. Johns County, Florida artists, organizations, and schools for a wide range of arts and cultural programs and activities. Applicants wishing to request a Technical Review of their application must call the Funding Source at least ten days before the deadline.
Funding will be provided for new or expanded programs in the following disciplines: arts in education, music, dance, folk arts, humanities, literature, film/video/media, theater and musical theater, visual arts, or the collection or exhibition of cultural or artistic works.
Proposals are evaluated on uniqueness, quality, and impact.
Priority will be given to proposals for activities that reach underserved audiences, arts education, and art in public places.
GrantWatch ID#: 179500
Each grant is $500 or less.
The grant period is defined as no longer than one year from original date of grant notification.
Organizations, artists, and schools may apply for new or expanded programs in the following disciplines: arts in education, music, dance, folk arts, humanities, literature, film/video/media, theater and musical theater, visual arts, or the collection or exhibition of cultural or artistic works.
For School Teachers/Schools Only
- Applications must be for new programs or for substantial enhancements to existing programs in St. Johns County public schools.
- Preference will be given to projects that integrate the arts with other content areas.
- Funds are granted only for programs or projects that are artistic in nature but teachers of any discipline may apply.
- If an awarded teacher moves to another school, equipment or permanent materials purchased with grant funds become property of the applying school unless the school agrees to allow them to go with the teacher to another St. Johns County School.
- Teachers submitting grants for artists or arts organizations to provide programs at a school must submit a letter of support from the Principal and the partnering artists/organization, if any.
Allowable Grant Expenditures:
- Production costs
- Expendable materials
- Salary support related to the proposed activity
- Artistic, administrative, technical, consultant fees
Non-Allowable Grant Expenditures:
- Capital expenditures or debt reduction
- Fundraising events or other contributions/donations
- Hospitality costs (private entertainment, food or beverages)
- Expenses incurred or obligated prior to or after the grant period
Applications must be delivered or postmarked by 4:00 pm, April 15 or October 1, depending on the grant cycle.
To request a Technical Review of the components of the Application, call 904-808-7330 at least ten days in advance of the application due date.
Please read all guidelines, then download the application (found in the Supporting Documents section below). All forms are fillable on your computer.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Download, fill out, and email the application, along with the requested attachments, to: sjcc@HistoricCoastCulture.com.
Then, print one copy, sign with an original signature, date it, and mail it to:
15 Old Mission Avenue
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Note: Grant applications must be received through email and as one signed hard copy to be considered.
St. Johns County