Foundation / Corporation
Midland Area Community Foundation (MACF) and The Dow Chemical Company
Grants of $1,000 to Midland County, Michigan K-12 youth groups affiliated with nonprofit organizations and public school districts to carry out volunteer projects. Applicants must contact the program officer prior to applying. The youth group will choose a local agency with which to volunteer.
GrantWatch ID#: 179504
Grant amount is $1,000.
Eligible Groups will be:
- Made up of youth in the K-12 Age Range
- Must be located in Midland County and comprised of predominantly Midland County residents
- Must be affiliated with a 501c3 or a school district (public or private)
- Must show a demonstrated need for the grant funds.
- Must be able to explain what the grant funding will be used for and why said is essential to the core activities or mission of the organization. Examples: Team Uniforms, Group Supplies, etc.
- Must take place within Midland County. Activities or events in the Great Lakes Bay Region will be considered if it includes a direct connection or support for Midland County residents.
- Must take place within 12 weeks following the grant application due date, unless pre-approved by the CommunityGives Grant Administrator (contact information below).
- Activities cannot be fundraising related (this includes events that raise funds for another organization; e.g. Walk to benefit ).
- Must involve a minimum of 10 youth volunteers.
- Must be a minimum of 3 consecutive hours in length.
- Must result in a minimum of 50 cumulative volunteer hours within two consecutive days.
- Must not benefit the organization or school with which the youth group is affiliated.
- Must be impactful and meaningful to all involved.
Requests for support of programs presented by religious organizations will be considered if a general need is being met and the program for which the grant is requested does not promote the teachings of a particular church or denomination.
Grants are not made to individuals.
Application deadlines are January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15.
How to Apply:
1. Review the CommunityGives Youth Service Program application to verify that your group meets the program requirements.
2. Choose an agency with which your youth group would like to volunteer its time. If you’d like help planning, e-mail Sara JacobsCarter Administrator for the CommunityGives Youth Service Program at the Midland Area Community Foundation.
3. Contact Sara at the Midland Area Community Foundation to discuss your plan. Please be specific about what your group will be doing (dates, times, organization you’ll be working with), and ensure your plan will result in a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer time within a two day period.
4. Complete the CommunityGives Application and submit via the midlandfoundation.org website.
5. CommunityGives Coordinator will review and evaluate all requests within a few days of the deadline and contact the applicant with the approval to go forward with the project as detailed in the application, suggest any changes or inform the applicant of denial.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online here:
Midland Area Community Foundation
76 Ashman Circle
Midland, MI 48640
USA: Michigan: Midland County