Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Hartford, Connecticut and St. Paul, Minnesota nonprofits for programs and services that develop and sustain the safety and stability of local communities. Potential applicants are mandated to first submit a pre-application, preferably up to four weeks before the application deadline.
Funding is intended to help neighborhoods in the service area through economic and community-building initiatives that help local residents find satisfactory employment for themselves and educational opportunities for their children.
Grantmaking will be focused on Hartford, Connecticut; Saint Paul, Minnesota; and selected locations where Travelers has a significant business presence. A particular interest is in initiatives that ensure the vitality of the neighborhoods where Travelers offices are located.
Grants will be awarded to organizations dedicated to achieving:
- Accessible, Safe Housing – Travelers supports organizations and programs that provide permanent housing to create safe, stable neighborhoods in low- and mixed-income communities.
- Successful Small Businesses – Travelers funds organizations that develop economic vitality and create and retain wealth in low-income and underserved neighborhoods and communities by assisting the creation and growth of small businesses.
- Job Creation and Skills Development – Travelers supports organizations that provide low-income individuals with work readiness and/or specific job skills. In addition, we support programs that promote community stability through leadership development and job creation.
GrantWatch ID#: 179572
- Contributions will be made only for the charitable and volunteer efforts of nonprofit organizations [501(c)(3) in U.S. or registered charity in Canada].
- Priority will be given to organizations that demonstrate a commitment to their communities by ensuring that their governing bodies include representatives from within the community and projects that directly serve low-income communities.
- Grantmaking will be focused on Hartford, Conn.; Saint Paul, Minn.; and selected locations where Travelers has a significant business presence. Initiatives that affect the neighborhoods where Travelers offices are located receive special priority.
- Collaborative efforts and initiatives that fit more than one of the priority funding areas will receive greater consideration.
- National organizations may receive support for specific initiatives that fit within the Travelers funding priorities. Special consideration will be given to those national requests that support or leverage the potential of other grantees; those that directly aid local initiatives where Travelers does business; and those in which a collective impact or collaborative approach is used.
- Support for public entities will be considered on a limited basis. Special consideration will be given when there is a nonprofit partner in a leadership role in the proposed activities or where a collective impact or collaborative approach is used.
Contributions will generally not be granted for:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, culture, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a military veteran or genetic information.
- Sectarian religious organizations, unless it can be shown that the organization is seeking charitable funds in the direct interest of the whole community.
- Fraternal organizations.
- Political or lobbying organizations.
1. Complete the pre-application process by creating an account login through the application portal.
It is recommended to initiate the pre-application at least four weeks before the application deadline.
2. Receive invitation to apply via email.
3. Complete the full application through the application portal. Deadline: September 8, 2017
4. Notification of approval or decline via email.
5. Checks delivered within 120 days of Stage 2 submission.
Apply for Funding: https://www.travelers.com/community-relations/about-giving/apply.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application Portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_195/?SA=SNA&FID=35057
Vice President, Community Relations
CEO & President, Travelers Foundation
USA: Connecticut: Hartford; Minnesota: St. Paul