Foundation / Corporation
Loudoun Education Foundation (LEF)
02/22/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $500 and grants of up to $1,500 to Loudoun County, Virginia public school teachers for programs to enhance classroom education. Funding may be used to support projects benefiting individual classrooms, or projects that are multi-grade, multi-disciplinary, or involve or benefit a significant amount of students.
Primary consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Affect as many students as possible;
- Benefit a diverse student group;
- Involve students as much as possible;
- Are creative and innovative;
- Supplement and/or enhance the standard curriculum and ordinary teaching methods;
- Support a program or project with measurable results;
- Promote inter-classroom, interdisciplinary and/or joint teacher projects
GrantWatch ID#: 179579
For each application, the maximum grant amount is $500, with no minimum.
Two special grants of up to $1,500 each are available during the spring application period. Applications for the $1,500 Spring grant must be either multi-disciplinary, multi-grade, multi-school, or involve participation by an entire grade and benefit a significant number of students.
Grant money is expected to be used during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Teachers may submit proposals in the Fall for projects they will implement during the current school year.
- Teachers may submit proposals in the Spring for projects they will implement in the Fall of the following school year.
Teachers in Loudoun County Public Schools may apply.
Applications must be submitted by the person(s) who will implement the proposed project.
Proposals will not be considered if they:
- Compensate LCPS personnel (includes professional development/substitutes);
- Provide money for materials or supplies ordinarily included in the LCPS budget;
- Are not in conformance with stipulated goals of a curriculum area or course of study;
- Require ongoing maintenance;
- Are used to purchase food or student incentive items;
- Do not provide a detailed budget.
Please Note: Technology requests will only be considered if it is tied to an academic program with measurable results and has the support of a LCPS Technology Supervisor. At this time, LEF is not funding electronic devices for BYOT.
LEF awards teacher grants in the Spring and Fall each year. The Spring 2019 grant cycle is now open. The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2019.
All applicants will be notified of Selection Committee’s decision within 90 days of the application due date.
Send the application, expanded as necessary, but not exceeding five pages, through the LCPS Mail (Pony) to the Loudoun Education Foundation.
Primary consideration will be given to proposals that have comprehensive, yet succinct applications.
Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate support through matching funds, if other grant criteria have been met.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications, expanded as necessary, but not exceeding five pages, through the LCPS Mail (Pony) to:
Loudoun Education Foundation
Attn: Linda Russ, Office Manager
Please email the word file of the completed application to Linda.Russ@lcps.org and place the signed copy in the pony.
Questions may be directed to either:
Loudoun Education Foundation
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
USA: Virginia: Loudoun County