Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Henderson County (CFHC)
12/01/18 5:00 PM - Receipt
Grants to Henderson County, North Carolina nonprofit organizations for programs that improve the quality of life in the community. Funding will be provided for projects that focus on areas such as arts and culture, civic affairs, conservation, education, health, human services, and animals.
Four times a year, grants are awarded to tax-exempt organizations that operate programs in Henderson County or for the benefit of Henderson County residents. These include programs that strengthen health and human services, preserve the area's natural environment, construct buildings, and make nonprofits more self-sustaining.
The Community Foundation also gives special consideration to proposals which affect the following impact areas:
- Challenges and opportunities afforded by growth in Henderson County.
- Poverty and its effects on Henderson County.
- Access to health and human services.
- Public access to the arts.
Community Foundation of Henderson County encourages proposals that:
- Demonstrate collaboration
- Affect a broad segment of the population
- Are relevant to overall community needs and available resources
- Enhance or improve organizations which serve clients whose needs are not met by existing services and which encourage client independence, self-sufficiency, and responsibility
- Emphasize prevention and early intervention
In addition, the Foundation is inclined to give favorable consideration to proposals that:
- Are pilot programs that can clearly be used as a model for others
- Have reasonable prospects for future support
- Move the community to a higher cultural awareness
It is the intent of the Foundation’s grantmaking program to fund projects that promote cooperation and collaboration among organizations without duplication of services. The Foundation encourages creative and collaborative proposals.
GrantWatch ID#: 179676
Grants are ordinarily made for one year only. However, when circumstances justify, a commitment for second year or multi-year support may be arranged.
Community Foundation of Henderson County makes grants to tax-exempt organizations, 501(c)(3) organizations, operating programs in Henderson County or programs for the benefit of the residents of Henderson County.
Unrestricted funds will not be used for:
- Programs outside of Henderson County unless directly benefiting Henderson County
- Annual fund campaigns
- Religious or political purposes
- Individuals (including scholarships)
- Organizations which have not been determined to be tax-exempt as described in Section 509 (a)(1) and 170B (1 (a) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Augmenting endowments
- Underwriting for fund raising events
Unrestricted funds will normally not be used for:
- Organizations whose primary function is to allocate funds to other charitable organizations or projects
- Routine operating support for ongoing programs
- Conferences, seminars, workshops etc.
Community Foundation of Henderson County, Inc. normally will not award more than one grant to the same program or agency during a twelve-month period.
Deadlines for the General Grants cycles are March 1, June 1, Sept. 1 and Dec. 1.
The Grant Application should be received by Community Foundation by 5:00 P.M. on the business day of or before the cycle deadline.
Grant awards are normally announced within 2 months of the cycle deadline for which the proposal is submitted. The Grant Committee reviews all eligible grant applications and makes final award recommendations for approval by the Board of Directors.
An "on-site" visit to the applying organization may be required and will be scheduled by the Program Office.
Prospective applicants should contact the Foundation Program Office well in advance of the deadline dates to discuss their request.
For more about CFHC's general competitive grants program, contact Senior Program Officer Lee Henderson-Hill.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
Community Foundation of Henderson
PO Box 1108
Hendersonville, NC 28793
Fax: (828) 696-4026
Lee Henderson-Hill, Senior Program Officer
USA: North Carolina: Henderson County