Foundation / Corporation
Juan Young Trust
Grants to Oregon nonprofit organizations for activities and projects that contribute to the health, welfare, and education of children and youth under the age of 21. Priority is given to proposals from the Portland area. Funding is primarily intended for project and program support.
GrantWatch ID#: 179731
Grants are usually awarded for a limited time, such as one or two years.
Grants are awarded to 501(c)(3) organizations based in Oregon. No grants are made outside Oregon. The geographic focus of the Juan Young Trust is the State of Oregon with emphasis on the greater Portland area.
Activities or programs not supported by the Trust:
- Assistance to individuals, except as participants are chosen by the grantee institution in an organized scholarship program.
- Program-related loans or investments.
- Efforts to carry on propaganda or to influence legislation.
- Grants to organizations classified as “private foundations” under sec. 509(a) of the internal revenue code.
- The trust is unlikely to make any substantial grants in the field of religion.
- Grants for annual operating budgets, debt retirement, or to help defray deficits are not favored.
- Proposals will be reviewed quarterly.
- Deadlines for submission are: December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30.
- Determination letters are mailed during the months of February, May, August and November.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time, but must be received in their entirety within the quarterly period to qualify for the applicable review period.
- No grant proposal will be forwarded to a future quarterly period.
- Declined grant proposals will not be reconsidered in the same calendar year.
- Site visits are initiated by the Trust.
How to Apply for a Grant:
Contact the Juan Young Trust for a copy of the grant application and complete the two-page application.
Submit the original and one copy of the above listed materials including the two-page application, to the Juan Young Trust to the appropriate address below.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Western Division: Proposals from organizations west of the Willamette River and west of the Cascade Range from the McKenzie Pass to the Southern Oregon border.
Antoinette Kienow Arenz, Trustee
Fax: Upon Request
PO Box 91429
Portland, OR 97291
Eastern Division: Proposals from organizations east of the Willamette River and east of the Cascade Range from the McKenzie Pass to the Southern Oregon border.
Scott G. Klusmann, Trustee
1980 Willamette Falls Drive, Suite 120/252
West Linn, OR 97068