Foundation / Corporation
The Lazar Foundation
Grants to Canada and USA organizations in the Pacific Northwest for operating support or programs that will enhance and preserve the local environment. An LOI is required. Funding may be awarded to programs related to the Foundation's specific environmental interests. These interests include:
- Conservation of large, biologically significant terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
- Preservation of biological diversity.
- Projects that broaden the environmental movement.
- Projects that strengthen or increase the capacity of the environmental movement’s ability to develop, shape, and communicate its message.
Organizations should be in located in the Pacific Northwest which includes British Columbia, Yukon, Oregon, Washington, Northern California, Idaho, Western Montana, and Western Wyoming.
GrantWatch ID#: 179829
Organizations may apply.
The Foundation does not accept proposals for the following issue areas:
- Land acquisition or land trusts
- Environmental education
- Computer-related expenses
- Civic projects.
- Endowments or capital campaigns.
In addition, the Foundation will usually not fund the following:
- Film or video
- Urban issues or suburban projects
- Conservation-based scientific research, unless it directly supports a project that the Foundation is currently funding, and then only rarely.
The Foundation will award grants two times per year. Full proposals must be in our office no later than April 15 and October 15. Early submissions are encouraged. Submit proposal as one PDF no more than 5MB large (multiple attachments will not be processed).
Letter of Inquiry (LOI) – To be considered for a Lazar Foundation grant, your initial contact should be a letter of inquiry (phone calls prior to submittal of LOI will not be returned).
Organizations proposing projects that fit the Foundation’s current areas of interest will be invited to submit a full proposal within one month of submittal. If you receive no reply within one month, your LOI is not accepted.
Application Guidelines: http://fdnweb.org/lazar/application/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit LOI to:
Sybil Ackerman-Munson, Executive Director
The Lazar Foundation
715 SW Morrison Street, Suite 901
Portland, OR 97205-3105
Phone: (503) 225-0265
Fax: (503) 225-9620
USA: California; Idaho; Montana; Oregon; Washington; Wyoming
Canada: British Columbia Yukon