Foundation / Corporation
Omaha Community Foundation (OCF)
03/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Nebraska nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that improve the quality of life for Latino families in Omaha. Funding may be provided for, but is not limited to, proposals related to the following areas of focus:
- Arts and culture (performance, visual arts, arts education, cultural programs)
- Community and economic development (neighborhood groups, housing, safety, programs on entrepreneurship and employment)
- Youth, families, and women (family programs, high school leaders programs, senior centers, projects that support and promote Latinas’ empowerment)
- Health and wellness (medical, dental, mental or behavioral health, food pantries, nutrition, physical activities)
- Civic engagement (programs connecting Latinos with government or business leaders, nonpartisan efforts to give Latinos opportunities for influence of policymaking, grassroots advocacy)
- Organizational capacity building (board development, staff training, fundraising, technology)
The goals of these grants are to:
-Contribute to the cultural enrichment, socio-economic well-being, civic participation and long-term sustainability of local Latino families, neighborhoods, and organizations,.
-Promote organizational models that are self-sustaining and can effectively address the interests and concerns of the diverse Latino population
-Support capacity-building and self-empowerment strategies among local Latino leaders and organizations.
Organizations with a significant percentage of Latino and Latina clients, management, staff, and board members will receive extra consideration by the committee.
Applications that propose collaborative projects among multiple organizations are welcome.
GrantWatch ID#: 179884
Historically, the typical grant size is $10,000, although the committee considers smaller and larger requests (approximately $5,000-$25,000).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to access the online grant application:
For questions contact:
Katrina Adams, Program Manager
General Contact Information:
3555 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68131
Phone: 800 794.3458
Fax: 402 342.3458
USA: Nebraska: Omaha