Foundation / Corporation
Johnson County Community Foundation (JCCF)
08/03/18 5:00 PM - for Small Grants only
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 and grants ranging from $15,000 to $25,000 to Johnson County, Indiana nonprofits for programs that meet community needs. Consideration will be given to activities that are community changing, forward thinking, unique to the community, and practical.
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Address priority community concerns
- Are change-oriented and problem-solving in nature
- Will have the greatest benefit per dollar granted
- Have the potential of leveraging additional grants from other sources such as government and other foundations
- Assist grant recipients to achieve certain objectives
Funding Levels and Cycles:
The Spring cycle Big Impact Grants or the “BIGs” will focus on programs that provide services that are forward thinking, community changing, practical, and unique to the community. These requests must be for funding between $15,000 and $25,000.
The Fall cycle or the “Smalls” will be structured like JCCF’s traditional grant cycles except that the grant requests cannot exceed $10,000 for any one program. All other policies and procedures will remain the same as in prior years. During the fall cycle, the Foundation awards grants for well-defined community projects and programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 180130
Spring Grant Cycle Requests may be $15,000 to $25,000.
Fall Grant Cycle Requests may be $1,000 to $10,000,
Only nonprofit charitable programs and projects that serve the Johnson County community are considered for funding. Grants will be made only to organizations that provide for a responsible nonproft fiscal agent and adequate accounting.
- Grants will be made only for projects/programs that are certified in writing by the chair of the organization’s governing body.
The Foundation generally does not make grants for the following:
- Routine or on-going operating expenses, including conferences
- Existing obligations or deficit funding
- Annual appeals or membership contributions
- Tours and trips for individuals or groups
- Support of public or private educational institutions as required by law, except in special situations where support is essential to projects/programs that meet critical community needs
- Sectarian purposes that promote religious doctrine or require religious participation; this does not preclude considerations for nonsectarian educational, health and human services programs undertaken by religiously affiliated organizations
- Programs and services that are typically the funding responsibility of a federal, state, or local government
- Capital requests for planning, construction, renovations, or acquisition of land, unless there is strong evidence that the program is a community priority and JCCF funding is pivotal to its success or ability to leverage other resources
- Medical research
- Political purposes
- Endowment building
- Athletic leagues, teams, clubs, or other similar groups
- Repeat funding of pograms supported through prior unrestricted cycle grants
Organizations interested in submitting a grant request must first submit a Letter of Inquiry which helps the Foundation determine whether or not the request meets the required guidelines and policies. Full applications may be submitted by invitation only.
Grants are awarded in two cycles during the calendar year:
Spring Grant Cycle - Closed
Fall Grant Cycle – Letter of Inquiry due August 3, 2018 at 5:00 PM via email.
The Letter of Inquiry form will become available online approximately 30 days prior to the deadline. The LOI form is a fillable Microsoft Word (.docx) file which enables you to easily type in the blanks, which is a requirement.
For Grant Policies:
For more information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the LOI via email to Stephanie Fox, Program Officer:
Johnson County Community Foundation
398 South Main Street
P.O. Box 217
Franklin, IN 46131
USA: Indiana: Johnson County